or Connect

Posts by oceansaway

I can't understand how Ralph Lauren, which touts its "legendary customer service," can have such a lousy customer service center, with such clueless reps. The company may as well offshore their customer service to the Philippines or India.
How original: a designer private sale where everything's full price.
Just received the field chino today. They're much more of an olive color than what's depicted on the web site. RRL online seems to have a problem depicting olive; it always looks brown instead. They're definitely heavyweight, though quite soft. The faille is almost like a super fine corduroy. The button fly has metal buttons.One thing that annoys me about RRL chinos is that, on me at least, the waist -- the top block -- is always loose, even when the rest of the pant fits...
Looking through the merchandise, it seems like a pretty meager private sale, compared with private sales of yore.
Yet another RRL location opening in New York - this time in Brooklyn. Really? Is that necessary? How about a store or two outside of NY?
I know this has to be bogus, but what is the specific scam? Counterfeit goods? http://www.ralphlaurenclearancestore.com/Ralph-Lauren-Men/Ralph-Lauren-Men-RRL
I don't think you can compare fits across labels. The RRL officer chino has a lower rise and a slimmer leg than blue label classic chinos.
This just goes to show that the people running the website are asleep at the wheel. If there's an egregious difference between a pre-production photo and the actual item, they should catch that and fix it. But for some reason, once they've loaded a picture or a description on the website, that's the end of it. If there's a mistake in the photo or product description, forget about it, it's not getting fixed.
That's what I'm saying: the website version is much cooler.
Hard to believe it's this far off and that they never bothered to correct it. The website version is cool--if it were real. Sort of an Afrika khaki color.