or Connect

Posts by oceansaway

Seriously? http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=90496826
we're looking for summer, not spring
I don't see that RRL makes a "slim straight" any longer. They make the "slim fit" and the "slim narrow" (as well as the low straight and straight fit). The straight fit, by the way, has the highest rise.
It's true, "bluepresent" has items for sale that literally have been on the site for years. His strategy defies the laws of economics. Doesn't he have to pay a relist fee each time he reposts his items?
In case you missed it, RRL has published its Spring '16 "Magalogue" on the home page.
the seasonal catalogs are really well done, and it's not clear why they're so difficult to obtain. It's almost as if the company is reluctant to make them available to the public.
Ralph Lauren Corp's stock suffered its largest one-day drop - 21% - in company history this month after a huge drop in year-on-year sales during Q4. The new company CEO, Stefan Larsson (formerly of H&M, Old Navy) is set to release his turnaround plan in May, and it will be interesting to see if or how RRL is affected. Many analysts say the company has too many brands and needs streamlining. I find it hard to believe that he would mess with RRL, but who knows?
Unionmade's inventory system is a joke. On Jan 24 I ordered a RRL shirt. Today, they refunded my money. Apparently, it took them a week to figure out they didn't have the shirt after all.
While I'm not a fan of rigid or semi-rigid denim, I really like the fit of the Straight Fit Once-Washed Jean. True to the product description, they have a very lean, straight fit. Conversely, the other Straight-Fit jean currently on offer, the Dylan Jean, has an almost aggresively relaxed fit. I inferred from an SA at the Mansion recenty that all future Straight Fit jeans would be cut like the Dylan Jean, i.e., big. That's bad news, if true. I wish the company would...
Don't be surprised. If there's a mistake in the pictures or description of an RRL item, it almost never gets fixed. Some sort of bureaucratic inertia or institutional disconnect.