or Connect

Posts by Islander

Cross post from your other new thread (yes, I'm bored). Quote: Originally Posted by skolatchi I had the same decision to make a couple of years ago and went with the Hamilton Khaki Mechanical. It has held up very well and I still wear it all the time. The style may not be for everyone but it suits me well. One of my few pre-SF purchases that is still with me two years later with no regrets. I am very impressed with the leather strap this watch...
I had the same decision to make a couple of years ago and went with the Hamilton Khaki Mechanical. It has held up very well and I still wear it all the time. The style may not be for everyone but it suits me well. One of my few pre-SF purchases that is still with me two years later with no regrets. I am very impressed with the leather strap this watch came with. It is embossed Handcrafted in Germany and after much wear the thing is buttery soft, very comfortable and...
Top right... what are those and where's the pic from?
The Wrens - The Meadowlands
Yes... comparison fit pics of the 0201s and 811s please! These two are at the top of my list and I have been trying to decide which to go for first. Any and all feedback appreciated. Both have a long inseam (which is essential for me) making the decision that much more difficult. Quote: Originally Posted by mlyngard Sweet. Welcome to the 811 club. I can't imagine a better combo of denim to have in rotation than Momo and Eternal. My 811s are...
I have two knives that I use for almost everything in the kitchen: an 8" Global GF-33 chef's knife and a 7" Misono UX10 santuko. I bought the Global for my wife but I ended up using it as my primary knife. It holds an edge only so-so, but can be brought back quickly with a ceramic honing tool. The Misono is a thing of beauty, and can be sharpened to a laser beam edge on a whetstone, but once it loses its edge it takes more work to get it back. Bought the Global retail...
The first time I saw the commercial I had just turned on the TV... I thought I was watching a Saturday Night Live skit.
I have these Red Wing Iron Ranger boots in Hawthorne and used Obenauf's LP to waterproof them when they were new. Hawthorne is a rough-out leather so it darkened them quite a bit.
Nice. I wonder how close a 12C is to an 11.5D on this last. Edit: Hmmm, guess I could scroll up to find out. Sorry.
Back by popular demand, 1971 Miura SV finished in 'bleu notte'.