or Connect

Posts by rjt65

I used to use a spray bottle --with shoes for shining and with shirts when ironing dry... Quote: Originally Posted by Smudge +1 though I'd add that you should try and iron your shirts before they dry completely if possible as ironing a bone dry shirt is a PITA.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...onsize=17%2035 says in the desription to tumble dry em--hmmm--- maybe pick me up a 3 pack for $199 on sale!
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay BB 100% cotton. how long do they have to hang for? and I would imagine they need to be hung immediately after washing? thanks for the input!
+ 1 as well ---dress shirts PITA washing at home ---- used some downy spray to help get wrinkles out but mostly from traveling packing.... my prior experience with my work dress shirts demanded dry cleaning pressing or lot time ironing... is there a magic brand?
thanks Stuart what Iused to do with suits and will continue--- the shirts so easier to give em to cleaners- what do u guys use to press iron the shirts? any tricks steamers etc? Richard
Ok having been out of th suit wearing job for the last 10 plus years (moved to sports jackets casual etc) I am looking at getting back into mgmt consulting-- so traditional suits-- Will be resulting in mostly traditional darker colored suits navy pinstripes, navy, charcoal grey etc... I used to wear Johnston murphy--- I am large dude 48 L 38 pant--- 240 lbs with high arch 12 reg size shoes. lot foot issues so i am particular last 10 year son shoes getting...
j Press is having a 25% to 40% off sale -gr8 prices!!! -my issue is the larger jacket and 37-38 pant--ahve to buy separates So a nice navy with chalk pinstripes -prestige line ah well.... Brooks had some sales online that are not in the stores (nada gotta try on a suit IMO) I am sure the NYC brooks store will have more inventory than the LI Brooks store I went to, they were very down on suit inventory--Sale man told me so before I looked . If i have to and...
Hello: 48 L jacket (weightlifter) -large arms (19-20 inch) -- long arms usually a 17.5 and 35 length shirt ---just did suit shirt inventory and jettisoned all white shirts (lil old) so will be replenishing. Plan to buy the interview suit at J Press or brooks Saturday--will get one white shirt there and tie to match but than when i get the new job I need to but another 5 white shirts I am thinking (have various colored and/or striped shirts like 5-6) so thpught...
What about suits? how do you keep them clean pressed? cheers Quote: Originally Posted by ferguscan Gentle wash; coldest water possible; after one wear for the most part. To completely clean the collars/cuffs/underarms, scrub with laundry soap and a nail brush the night before washing. I do this once every few months. Don't dry-clean your shirts. Not good for them. Dry cleaning is not really good for any cloths. Stuart
Well no replies sniff sniff ;-) but i decided to hit both NYC brooks bros and J Press saturday before we see a play..save me a trip in during the week..