or Connect

Posts by rjt65

So Looking for a suit. Intended to go to J Press and did Saturday in NYC. Lucky for me, within a few block radius on Madison avenue exist J Press, Brooks flagship store, Alden shoes, Allen Edmund shoes, Jos a Banks, many other fine stores. sooooooo, J Press suit separates only go up to 48 (turned out i needed a 50L. The sales rep told me I need separates and not to let anyone talk me into getting a 50L suit package as the pants had to be altered down to a...
I had a bad experience (with the tailoring) on MTM suits in the past--- and read of a lot of problems from people on this board with shirts. I might get brave and give it a shot in the future. For the short term I will go off the rack. thanks! Quote: Originally Posted by columbia92 why not try MTM shirts from places like moderntailor.com? you can find many people talk about them here on style forum..
Wow very funny.. you must be so cool! No, I was not laid off. A proper well made shoe can provide both comfort and good looks, I prefer not to add in Dr Scholls. So I will add you to the "what people will do anonymous on-line" but never do to a persons face. As I have not been wearing suits dress shoes for work in over 10 years I did want some of the good peoples advice and would like to thank all the people that gave their...
no i didnt forget it-- g'luck would have been more appropriate and I am not looking to annoy people by my on line writing style... What is the issue with how I write my BB notes? I am not writing a novel English paper or thesis or customer proposal.... the point here is in the message. cheers Quote: Originally Posted by jobro FTFY You forgot the last three letters on that first word there. Please drop the excessive full stops and...
+1 very good response! I work out Weights 4 days a week w-30-60 min cardio and one morning just 90-120 mins cardio machines..... (20 years religiously)--traveling for work try to get gyms in hotels. I have started cutting down the power lifting -last few years as i was to big (50 plus jacket over 20 arms), legs tight in the thigh-hammie area... had issue finding IPOD workout armband (most only fit up to 19") --sooo went lighter weights-more reps-- I love...
thks for the input--- In another thread on shirt care -- I posted this http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...onsize=17%2035 says in the description to tumble dry em--hmmm--- maybe pick me up a 3 pack for $199 on sale! so thinking I will get 3 white Brooks shirts --hopefully as wrinkele free as it says!! cheers Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint Robert Talbott is a possibility. Brooks Brothers shirts traditionally offer extra...
12 normal width will check it out --anywhere to try them on? shoes suits -- i need to try on first... thanks Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Check Allen Edmonds on ebay. http://myworld.ebay.com/allenedmonds/ Many starting at $99. And a much better shoe than trash like Rockport or Cole Haan. What is your shoe size?
100-150$ range per pair. but if i put on a pair that was looking good and felt like wearing slippers -I might go higher! Quote: Originally Posted by onix You need a minimum of 2-3 pairs. The more shoes you have the longer each of them last. How much in total you want to spend on each pair?
okkkkkk so: 1) what are some recommended brands of shoes that look good and are comfortable to match with grey, navy, charcoal dark suits 2) how many pairs if wearing all day-night 4-5 days per week Iam thinking 3 pairs to start.. thanks
I mispoke on the shirts I go to the drycleaners and get em laundered no starch on hanger... thanks all this is a gr8 thread--- gr8 link above on care BTW thanks! Do yu guys hang em to dry outside or inside? too cold in NY in the winter for outside they would freeze! cheers PS a good suggestion from that link wash em at home-- make a deal with cleaner to just press em.. I might inquire on that one!! point is made in the link that u pay for like 6 seconds wash in a...