or Connect

Posts by rjt65

+1 Just unleashed my Ties that I kept rolled up for mucho years. Prefer not to dry clean as well, planning to check out my wife's steamer. here are some other threads in here and the web on steaming ties etc. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=19472 http://www.ehow.com/video_4409925_steam-tie.html cheers Quote: Originally Posted by GQhustler I have many ties that need cleaning and have no idea how to go about this. I...
thanks JJ-- my issue is hard to fit 50 L needing jacket taken in on waist (Athletic cut) and with a 38 -40 Pant. So suit separates, and than even the jacket needs major alterations. As Brooks is out of most separates, my only chance left will be Jos a Bank and MTM. regards Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay I have four MTM suits. The suits turned out nicely but I'm not hard to fit; thus, I found that the MTM wasn't really any...
I just placed an order for 7 pairs,a few each of mid calf and some OTC Looking forward to them and will post my thoughts after trying regards
So it must be like the electronic store in that last Adam Sandler movie. Store closing final sale or something like that... Just like most of the electronic stores throughout the city! Perpetual sale! Quote: Originally Posted by taxgenius69 That store has that sale all the time I believe. It has been mentioned before but I also cannot recall the name.
I assume the feel or fabric is preferable to you ? I will need to get some more shirts and I am thinking french cuff-- maybe I will diversify and go normal versus non iron... regards Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay I've tried them. After I pulled them from the dryer I didn't feel the need to iron them. They are nice shirts but I prefer my must-iron shirts.
I searched and have found some advise on this in this forum (and googled), but not a comprehensive step by step guide on how to buy and things to specify when getting a MTM suit made for you. So if some of the experts on here want to give it a try (so from cradle to grave what to do once you select a MR Ned or other tailor to do MTM for you) 1 - Fabric selections 2- Suit style selection 3- customization to detail to the tailor (lapels, cuffs, etc.) 4- Other...
FYI shoes: Walking to an interview from 1 subway -I went down rector street to Broadway near the intersection (little down from b'way on Rector south side street-think cross from Trinity Church) there was a shoe store. (Forgot to get the name on the way back) --anyway About $30 off Aldens and for Allen Edmunds buy one get another 50% off. (using google Maps the addr is 3 rector street -- put it in and underneath Signature bank, a few steps down from street level...
Ok so i bought the non iron Brooks shirts on sale 3 for $199. Washed all 3 than: !) put one on a plastic hanger (after pulling out the wrinkles with my hands by stretching each area flat) to dry overnight. 2) put 2 in the dryer -gentle about 7 minutes or so, low heat one than onto a hangar the other ironed Results: the worse one with wrinkles was the one not in the dryer--straight to hanger the best was the one I ironed - took me few minutes to iron the shirt...
+1 one of the best sounding and for me the best fitting- I use em 5 days a week 90-120 minutes in the gym--- running, weight lifting various aerobic machines and to zone out at home if needed. The stock ipod earphones no worky for moi. My ear configuration just spits em out with movement. Wanted noise cancelling, and a good fit. Tried the Q-jays when they first came out in the 250-300$ range--- but they broke 2 x --from lil pulling on the cords and ...
thanks Peeps... I like the brooks suit I will be getting and have hope for their soon to come, new separates line. I have been out of the suit wearing job for the last 12 years or so. Looking around, I really liked the J Press suits. I was not essentially looking for athletic cut, rather separates to better meet my larger jacket smaller waist needs. With separates you can achieve similar to AC, matching smaller pants with a larger jacket. Congratulations on...