or Connect

Posts by TheWGP

Hah, my work gave us 1% and said "it was either that or nothing, tough." Of course, we're a nonprofit so you EXPECT low pay (yay loan forgiveness), but still, that was harsh. 
Nice! I found an LP cashmere tie in Columbus, Malo cashmere tie, I've found a RLPL cashmere sc, shawl-collar cashmere sweater, several shirts, some ties, Brioni shirts, Borrelli shirts, an Alexander McQueen shirt, and most proudly of all, four Kiton shirts (probably from Jay L. Schottenstein judging from the monogram).  There would occasionally be some saweet stuff at Filene's when they were still open - sadly, the area TJMaxx's tend to mark up higher in the rare occasion...
Dude!  There's a Melt in Columbus now!  It's mind-blowingly awesome.
He sold it auction, IIRC.  That jacket.... man.  My only LP brand finds are a cashmere tie I kept and a shirt that had a hole in it- still sold it, still made money on it, but ugh.  I've never even found a Barbour jacket - my nicest outerwear find at a true thrift is probably an Orvis Bandera jacket that was stone mint, sold for $300.  That LP jacket is like hitting the jackpot - like the one guy who found a first edition Great Gatsby worth quite a bit, apologies, I don't...
I'd agree - if you want more info on Southwick, you should check out the Ask Andy trad board, some of the old Southwick is really desirable over there.  Doesn't Southwick now make most of BB's stuff, even the Golden Fleece, though, after Martin Greenfield lost the job?  This may have changed in the year or two since I was familiar.

Holy schnikies, that's insane.  That's just begging for Christmas-white-elephant returns.  It goes without saying that they can take their top-rated-plus designation and shove it.  I just got the email and came in here to vent about the fact that a DSR of a 3 now will count as a defect apparently if I read this right.  If they're going to say that a 3 is a defect, they need to change the effing labeling so people realize it's really 5-stars-or-nothing. Just when you think...
 <-- sleepily pokes head up and looks around, encounters eazye's shoe collection,  rubs eyes and blinks I approve.  Nice variety!    Keep it up and you'll be in legit shoostravaganza territory. 
Yeah, I dunno what happened. However, I just got this email (approximately 8-10 hours after I called) We decided not to issue the buyer a refund. You don't need to do anything else for this case. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed. Decision:This case has been decided in your favor. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. Comments:This case was found in your favor because this item isn't eligible for eBay Buyer...
Yeah, the agent today just escalated it and said they want 48 hours regardless of all the evidence.  They agreed that it does look like buyers remorse but refused to close it out on the phone and said that all decisions take 48 hours.