or Connect

Posts by Burton

I don't have the general SF aversion to wearing leather soles after rain, or even in rain. After all, my ancestors did it and it was good enough for them. The single dainite makes this better but not perfect for me. Oh well, I will give it some thought.
I am out.
I really like it -- really, really like it--but do not want the dainite.
You don't have any experience with Swims, do you? I don't own sneakers. I wear clunky boots only to hike. In Chicago galoshes are de rigueur. Have you seen the scotch grain boot that Steve has available on his website? Perfect for what you are looking to use the shoes for. Also, can be worn, especially on a harsh weather day, with a suit. Awesome looking boot. I am severely tempted. Oh, and the best thing, they are on the Rain last. That boot is pretty close to...
I have my eye on those at Leatherfoot. I am reluctant to make the purchase because of sizing. Does everyone take the same Robert and Rain last size?
I, too, can confirm Carmina will do an Adelaide on the Rain last. As to Dainite, I am just not that big a fan of the sole. It isn't a great sole for snow and ice --in fact it is pretty bad in both. It is good for rain and mud. I don't walk in mud, and I have more than enough Dainite to handle a biblical amount of rain. I prefer to put my swims on and wear real shoes. Anyway, I just think Dainite detracts so much from the final product that I would not want it.
If the shoe looks like this, I am interested.This is the G+G version in what they call brown highland grain.Just to make sure I properly credit the photo, this is Steven Taffel's from Leffot.
Yes. I understood this was the original impetus for the discussion of the MTO, but my recollection of the chain of events after that is a little different. It seemed this was the model for the shoe:There was a discussion about medallion or no medallion. Btw - that shoe does not have a Dainite sole. Anyway, if the burgundy shoe pictured with the dainite is what people want, I am not in. I wish you all well with it, but it is of no interest to me.Cheers
It was my understanding we were attempting to, as closely as possible, duplicate this. I would be in on a leather sole.
No. I don't want a Dainite sole. I have enough Dainite. Sorry maybe we can do leather and Dainite. I am not really a fan myself. I think it is only good in rain and I wear Swims. I like leather. Sorry.