or Connect

Posts by Burton

Thanks for the pics. I am still on the fence as to which I like better, but feel comfortable saying I would be happy with both. The lighter suede is attractive.
Unless I missed something, (I just looked) they are three eyelet
I miI am leaning towards jumping in on this MTO. However, I am not sold on the 5 eyelet. I like the 5 eyelet for calf and shell but the 3 eyelet appears to be sleeker and nicer with the suede. Does anyone have a picture of the 5 eyelet in suede?
Did you get these for free? You know, because of your blog? Poorly constructed with that seam. I think people have been afraid to tell you that these are a fail. Sorry.
As an owner of the 973, I would love to have this boot in Burgundy (or Ruby) shell. Fantastic looking boot.
I have the captoe and it isn't nearly as "red" as one might think. I think the colors are likely very close but would love to hear Steve's opinion. I really want that shoe.
And a good pic.
Roger, depending geography and climate, I can see doing a suit with them. They are a bit dressier than you might imagine. Here in Chicago they would be no problem in snowy winter months.
X-post from the Gentlemen'sfootwear.com thread. Not the best pictures, but . . . Cognac SC Captoe boots on the Rain with Dainite.
Steve really came through with this makeup. I am a truly lousy photog - but I think you get the point. Thanks, Steve. Carmina's quality is excellent. Haven't had a problem with a single pair and I now own 8 pair. The cords aren't orange-- they are rust -- the Marcoliani socks are.