or Connect

Posts by Burton

So only artists are qualified to comment on art? Hmmm. Everyone in this forum has enough knowledge to comment on what they like. You don't like the responses. I want to live in your world. A world where I get to tell people that my opinion is "fact" and theirs is ignorance. I am sure there is a scientific aspect to shoemaking, it is just not clear if you are acquainted with it. No one calls you on your bully behavior, but you engage in it all the time. You posted the...
Save your bully tactics and misuse of Mr. Asimov for someone who thinks you know what you are talking about. The shoes are ugly. That I can judge. If a shoe is supposed to provide a flattering look to the wearer, these are an epic fail. If they are supposed to give you visions of Charlie Brown hanging out all night in a pumpkin patch, they are a wild success. They may fit perfectly, but they are only useful as doorstops.
Excellent points. I will go look up those words and you should go read one of the great works by Hans Christian Anderson.I should have known that the person your student was making shoes for had cloven hoofs for feet. It all makes sense now.The shoes are ugly. Look at the two images I reposted, I can't imagine anyone wanting to look down at such things. You are free to like them. You are entitled to your opinion.
I love those dark brown scotch grain boots. I think that was a big miss on my part. They are fantastic.
I have a different take than most people here. I would keep them. Shell is tough to last. Shell cracks and does not stretch over the last in the same way as calf. I look at imperfections in shell cordovan shoes differently than I do calf. If I could get a pair of Ruby shell shoes that fit me, I would keep them.
I have the same. They are fantastic. I wear them all the time in biz situations and almost no one can tell that they are blue. Rain last
Let's hope we get them.
I am in on the following:DMScotch Grain - BrownLiner openleather sole - I prefer the thin leather soleRain lastPolished silver buckleIf we can do that I am definitely up for it.
I am really interested in the Rain last DM. Scotchgrain? Even better. I would like a leather sole.