or Connect

Posts by inlandisland

just for the sake of getting feedback from another (more conservative) angle, I am cross-posting this from WAYWRN. Any thoughts?
The first knot I learned was a half-windsor, which I've never liked. Before SF I always tied a Windsor, but then through WAYWRN I fell for the double FIH, which is almost all I wear now. Sometimes if a tie is too thick or something I'll wear just a FIH. On the odd occasion that I want a slightly larger more triangular knot I tend to use the Pratt instead of the Windsor, because having adapted to the DFIH I just find a windsor too damn big for any of my collars and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast Great photo; full of amusing whimsy with the way the flowers just float off above your head. Quote: Originally Posted by ndw ^Both looks are nice, but I preferred the tie in the first one when I thought it was solid pink. Not sure I like it in the closeup. The second look is really great! I rarely like the peak lapel but you pull it off...
Spring Fever... Setting the self timer... oops... Better than planned, except for the baby handprints all over the mirror... Break time... Deets: Hmmmm... SF will probably tell me that the pattern in the tie and shirt are too close in scale... Maybe a sockless, knit tie alternate will improve my odds... Alternate deets: Have a great spring everyone!
Hello, I thought this thread might be a good place to ask where I might be able to find silk (or other matierials like wook, cashmere, even cotton) that would be suitable for making ties. Links to website and suppliers that enable on-line orders would be appreciated. Also, I would be curious if there's a way to search this on ebay without getting all of the listings for everything that is made of silk cloth... Sorry if this has been brought up before, I...
Hello, I thought this thread might be a good place to ask where I might be able to find silk (or other matierials like wool, cashmere, even cotton) that would be suitable for making ties. Links to website and suppliers that enable on-line orders would be appreciated. Also, I would be curious if there's a way to search this on ebay without getting all of the listings for everything that is made of silk cloth... Sorry if this has been brought up before, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fred49 choos Lobb tie Richard Anderson coat BB shirt Freddy Pants brioni watch JC It's a good day in WAYWRN when Fred 49 posts!
Quote: Originally Posted by alliswell I'd disagree with this - wide pants with no break flap around too much - they sit better with a little break. Me too.
Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy Looks great to me. Also, my Brooks Brothers knits seem too long as well, so maybe this is just a "thing" with knit ties. It looks okay to me too - especially considering the price. (How does a rich dark blue look like a light beige-taupe... Are you trapped in Bizzarro World??)