or Connect

Posts by joshyle

I don't understand why it''s so high over here in Canada (Edmonton, Alberta, specifically). I got a pair of DM and the customs came out to $51. There's no way to fight these charges, eh?I'll look into a proxy for future purchases, but I should probably hold off on any new shoes for a good while.
Received my MTO shipment today! Everything is peachy except for the extra $93 from customs and UPS. I took a bunch of photos for the forum to share in the unboxing of the shoes! Thanks for setting this up, terrorsquad and Pepe!
I'm looking for a winter jacket, but I don't know where to find the perfect winter jacket. Winter weather in Canada can be harsh, but I wouldn't be outside for prolonged periods. I would side on the fashion over function area, but to a reasonable degree - maybe suitable for -20 degree Celsius. I'm 5'8" with long hair (hits my shoulders) and I want something ideally without a hood because it bunches up my hair. Strong preference to a hood-free design and nothing too long...
Here's the Blake in Bordeaux. It's slightly better, but it's definitely not perfect: One of the brogues isn't punched out. There's a nick in the leather. You can also see the flawed brogue. Same as above. Leather is rippling/rippled. I suspect this is due to the leather not being glued together properly. Thoughts? Another angle of the rippled leather. Random scratch to leather. Indent-scratch in the leather with sloppy brogues on top. A stitch is loose on...
To follow up on my previous posts about the messed up boot. Here's the second pair that I received that was also damaged: Weird marking on the boot. Probably similar deal to the following photos. Scuffed leather. Sloppy markings used to place different pieces? Same thing happened to my first boot, but the markings are slightly different. We didn't try using an eraser to it, but leather lotion didn't work - the sales associate tried to clean it off. I don't know...
Thanks for the response, idfnl. I ended up returning the boot and I got them to ship me another pair. To my disbelief, the markings were on that boot too! Brogues were a bit cleaner, but the markings in the back were disappointing. Pictures to come, but you can imagine the same deal. It seems like the positive reception to the initial batch sparked them to increase production on the boots. It seems like quantity was chosen over quality. I'll send them an email or talk to...
My boots arrived the other day from Aldo - 4 days from order to home - and I'm generally happy with them. A few concerns about detailing of the boots came up, and I'm looking for some guidance on my next course of action. The brogues are a bit sloppy - am I expecting too much to have them all clean? There are mysterious marks on the counter (back of the boot). They sort of look like pencil markings, but I don't want to put an eraser to the boots. What to do? -...
Hey Style Forumites, I'm emerging from under my bridge to let you know about a local denim comp that I'm hosting through the store I work at, Jaisel, in Edmonton, Canada. I've been planning on doing this for some time, but all the planning and logistics are nuts. I have much much more respect for all the brave souls who host comps here. Anywho, take a peek and let me know what you think? I have big plans for it - I'm pretty stoked, I'm not gonna lie. Details on...
I have a BNWOT size 30 14oz Natural Tan Corter Leather belt for sale that I got from Blue Owl that was too small. It's new and only tried on 3-4 times at home. It fit my friend who wears size 27 APC New Standards or Cures, but the folded part at the buckle was too thick for his belt loops. Yours for $40 before shipping. Photos in the link below, but let me know if you want photos of...
Cross-post from superfuture's heavyweight denim competition: Day 99 (with 99 wears) of my Naked & Famous x Blue in Green 21oz collabs. This photo was taken in direct sunlight at 12:09PM. Enjoy: