or Connect

Posts by foggy

Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson Trousers always need to be adjusted. Taking them in in the waist is easy - there's probably 2 inches either way to change the waist size normally. You should be thinking jacket size first. There are some brands that run large. I think the Benjamin is supposed to be more of European cut, so I'd expect it to run on the smaller side. But why not use your MTM measurements? Or are those only for shirts, not...
Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson Off topic, but this picture gives me an opportunity to ask a question. You can see a "belt keeper" loop at the front of the pants, right above the fly. How do those work, exactly? I have to admit I have no idea. Its a loop of material.
Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson I think the suit is a little too small for you, and not just because of the buttoning point - I think that is a feature of the suit's style. It just looks maybe a little tight in the chest and short in the arms. Also possibly the shoulder, but it's hard to tell for sure. The shoulders should be the starting point for fit. If it feels constricted there and in the upper chest when you lift or cross your arms, it...
Thats a 38. I'm 5 11" 170lb. 40" chest. 32 waist. Suits sizes are; chest 41", shoulders: 17.6", Sleeve length: 25.5", Length from bottom of collar: 29.5, Trouser waist: 32", Hem Inseam: 36" Unfinished, Rise: 10.5", Leg width at bottom: 8.3" I do like a fitted suit, but perhaps I'm pushing it. It does'nt feel uncomfortable though.
So the suit arrived, all nicely bagged and boxed, and a little creased right where it buttons. Which of course is where it was folded. Question is, it perfect ot an inch or two too perfect? Do I prove the arguement, and the buttoning point is a little too high for me? Or do I just need the next size up? Feels a fraction nippy under the arms. Comments welcome as I need to make my mind up tonight as I away for 3 weeks from tomorrow. Lovely material and build by...
Good to know also. Mine is due for delivery today. We will see how it works. Quote: Originally Posted by bazarov I recently purchased a plain navy "Lucente" model model from Ben and I too can vouch for the quality and silloutte of the Benjamin suits. In my rotation, I wear RLPL, Isaia, Gucci (Zegna made) and a Corneliani and the Benjamin suit fits right in. I echo the observation that the fabric and the construction seem to be more in the...
Just by wearing a (nice) suit to work. Texas aint like that.
The below is from wikipedia, but I can tell you I have often seen troos, trews, tartan trousers worn with either a normal DJ, or a Prince Charlie jacket. Thats from attending a 100+ black tie events in Scotland. Normally you wouldnt wear tartan unless you have some association to Scotland. But everyone has a Scottish Granny right? Scottish Highland dress is often worn to black and white tie occasions, especially at Scottish reels and céilidhs; the black tie...
Some 3's rolled to 2, but they were built that way if it makes any difference.
Have they discovered a cure for 'lazy' yet?