or Connect

Posts by Joenobody0

The jacket does look a tad short, assuming the pants are pulled up. I think you would benefit from s less extended shoulder as well.
The pictures are pretty worthless. Based on the bad pics, those jackets look super short and too tight. Get a decent picture from the back and I could be more help.
Shoe fit is 100% personal, but many suggest going down only .5 from your US size when you buy EG. Iirc lobb is the usual minus 1.
I wouldn't expect anything to fit very well with a 12 inch drop.
There are very few upper patterns I've ever seen fully closed on a derby. They have way more adjustment potential than any closed lacing shoe.
The derby is great for low and high arches. That design is much less sensitive than a balmoral. With that said, I don't care for that three hole derby. It's like a shoe/chukka hybrid and I tend to have trouble with chukkas.
For vintage, I'd be considering how much the seller knows. Their screw up on the speedmaster made them look like incompetent opportunists to me.
Museum brown captoe bal would be nice, unless you're doing a super formal wedding. I wore a shell chukka, but mine was a summer country wedding.
Ultimately it's how things fit on the foot. I only bought it up to save you the aggregation of getting a shoe shipped that's one whole size too large.
Why would you choose to by from a watch blog rather than a real vintage dealer?