or Connect

Posts by Joenobody0

It's not black all the way through. It's a nice light tan underneath. The cracking has occurred on every Filson bag I've ever owned (a good number) or seen.
The BV bag looks like a purse, which is probably why your wife likes it.
The last is the wood or plastics form they used to shape the upper portion of the shoe, at the time of construction. The Rancourt hand sewn lasts are lovely, for what they are, but the more "dressy" shoe lasts are really off to me. Given your price constraint, I think AE would be a good option. Given more money I'd suggest Alden. Given more experience, I'd suggest something like Carmina or Crockett and Jones.
I love Rancourt, but I think there's something wrong with their welted shoe and boot lasts. They make AE lasts look positively amazing, and that's saying something.
That looks like a strap that would stink eventually, but the watch has a nice casual (flieger) look.
Seiko makes a nice watch, but unfortunately their bracelets are almost always the weakest part (it's true from the 5 line all the way up to the GS line). I think this particular watch looks much better on the strap. Also, I've never had a strap start to smell. You can always replace it once a year if you're super sensitive to it.
It's almost impossible to uniformly prefer one versus the other. All my Rolex watches are on bracelets, and all my Omegas are on straps of various sorts.
The idea that a suit is "formal", or dedicated only to work hours, is relatively new. It's not at all the traditional view.
I'm sure it will be great. I carried a black back for a few years exclusively, before I realized the amazing possibilities of brown!On edit: If the black Filson is anything like the tan/brown, your black straps won't stay black for long. The finish will crack and show the much lighter natural leather. I think it looks good on brown straps, but I have no idea what it will look like in black.
Those are some seriously ugly men.