or Connect

Posts by Joenobody0

Those look very comfortable. I'm not sure why more shoes aren't built narrow in the heel and waist, with a roomy toe box.
I tend to take them out after a couple of days. I'm more particular about shell (especially if it's unlined).
When I saw the photos online I really didn't like this make up. I still wouldn't buy it for myself, but they look great with your casual outfit.
I'm not sure if you know, but the dark brown used by C&J is actually the same color as the brown used by AE on the Strand. I love that color. It's so much nicer IRL than Alden's green Cigar.
It should.
Sorry if I came off harshly, it wasn't intended Some shells are $700, but thankfully not all. Here's one for much less:http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-monk-strap-shell-cordovan-color-8/pvc-ald-mxsdmp-954_ald_m_monk_strap_shell_cordovan.htmlMy point, which I guess I didn't do a good job of making clear, is that $500 versus $600 really isn't that big a difference. That's why I think you should let other factors guide your choice. For instance, if you want the sole...
Why would recrafting a $595 pair of shells for $150 be such a logically clear idea, while recrafting a $500 pair of calf shoes is somehow questionable? They're both expensive.There are many good reasons to send your shoes somewhere else, but for me price isn't one.
The worst thing about doing interviews (from the corporate side) is that qualities which show well for 15 minutes (talkative for instance), can actually be very very irritating over the long haul. It's very hard to tell the person who's playing it up for the interview from the person who will never sit their ass in their desk and do work. I could never figure out how to spot "that guy".
I've never seen this problem with another maker, so I agree with you.On the other hand, maybe AE is going after the underserved "cankle" market that Alden targets with their Barrie last.
I was asked a similar qustion once and was given the job. I later asked my interviewer the point of the question. He said there were two reasons. He wanted to see if I could use critical thinking skills without getting too technical (think distributional assumptions), and he wanted to see how quickly I could do calculations in my head.