or Connect

Posts by Joenobody0

Hello Style Forum! I recently moved from CA to MI and need to slim down my shoe wardrobe. Consequently,I am selling a really special pair of Alden shoes. You may already be familiar with the special edition Hampton lasted Ravello shell NST monk straps, that Tom Park released for the opening of LSBH. In case you are not, you can see them here: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2010/05/28/alden-shoes-two-new-nsts-for-lsbh/ They are size 7.5D, are in as new condition, and have...
It depends on your feet of course. Some people claim that every shoe they buy, on many different lasts and in many different sizes, fits well and are comfortable. I'm not so lucky so I'm extremely picky about what I buy. For this reason, I've never bought a shoe from the forum. Also, I've paid way to much money for shoes that aren't comfortable so I always error on the side of not buying if I can't return.
No RTW US company does as good a job as Alden does with shell cordovan. If you're a fan of US construction and shell cordovan the options are AE and Alden. Alden has much more variety so if you're the sort of person that owns 30 pairs of shoes, the chances are high that you will have at least a few pair of Aldens.
Cal Poly SLO has a very good reputation in CA, so it's not like a CSU is total shit.
Actually it is, and always has been, Aberdeen!
Don't rely on what people tell you - buy it and return if it doesn't fit. BB has a good return policy.
You can order that size from any Alden retailer. I'm really not sure why they're that expensive.
Because we're not talking about lasted trees so, for me at least, the fit isn't perfect. If they were lasted I'd keep them in whenever they weren't on my feet. My unlined shell LHS in particular develops a crease from a pair of properly sized Alden trees.
My understanding is that the C&J/AE Dark Brown is Horween Dark Cognac. I don't think anyone knows the name Horween gives to the color shell used for AE Cappuccino. It could come directly from Horween, looking as it does in the photos, with the name Cappuccino. Alternately, it could be called something else by Horween and then undergo some post tanning finishing by AE (like Alden does with their #8 and Ravello).
Pig logo...