or Connect

Posts by Gong Tao

Interesting to see how common this is. I have a half brother. My mom gave him up for adoption when she was 19. He turned up when he was in his thirties. He is a farmer and lives outside a tiny town in Illinois. Trapped animals for pelts as a teenager to make money. In spite of having a totally different life experience from me and my full brother, we have very similar outlooks and get along very well.
I'll be there.
This is a great idea. Let's see a picture of the finished product.
I will come.
Mary Mac's. The quintessential old school southern restaurant. Particularly good on Sunday morning when people are coming in in their church finery. Get the pot likker.
I would advise some couples therapy. If she won't go, you go alone. It can help you understand what's going on with her and how to deal with it. If this was to go on forever, divorce would be your best option, but people have been through much worse than this and gotten their marriages back on track again. When the love blooms again in a marriage that seemed over, it's a wonderful thing. Good luck.
My ideas about child rearing were not particularly rigid, so I haven't needed to adjust them too much, but here goes: I didn't believe in hitting kids before. Now I think hitting some kids sometimes can be a good thing. (In my case, this meant a total of four or five smacks between the ages of three and four- at five she is more self-disciplined and doesn't need it anymore). I used to think that when kids acted bad, it was because their parents weren't raising them...
Impossible to really answer your question without knowing your budget and what you are looking for in a neighborhood. Tenderloin can actually be good- cheap rents, cheap eats (mostly vietnamese), close to downtown, and you can take the streetcar out to SFSU. Not very safe at night. I lived there for a year, it was good for me. Almost mugged once, one scuffle with some dirtbags. Eventually I moved out because being around all the screwed up people was bringing me down....
I go up for business from time to time. The downtown area is quite nice. I had a very good meal in restaurant there- and I'm picky about food. Worth considering for a family. One and a half hours to San Francisco if there is no traffic. Three and a half awful hours when traffic is bad.
Some oil can be delivered to market very cheaply, say for $69 a barrel. when the price goes up to $70, this oil will be drilled and refined and offered for sale. Other oil is hard to get out of the ground and it may cost $139 a barrel to get it to market. Nobody is going to bother drilling this oil until the price goes up to $140 a barrel. The amount of something people want to buy changes as the price changes. When the price is high, people will buy less and vice...