or Connect

Posts by Gong Tao

I failed. Made the mistake of walking into a thrift store that gets a lot of overstock from Wilkes Bashford and spotted a beautiful tie. It was too good to let it get away. On the home alterations end, I did shorten some shirt sleeves. I am out for July. While I think frugality is a virtue (in moderation), I do not like the burden of total abstinence, and I am confident that I can keep my spending under control while still engaging in the occasional treasure...
They do have some thicker shell buttons -trocas I believe- in addition to the thin MOP.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker who's who? from left to right, first picture is Archivist, Lefty, GShen, and Comrade. Second picture is Will, Parker, Gong Tao.
Quote: Originally Posted by Archivist I'm going to try and make this one. Do we need to ask for anyone when we get to the Elks? I will be watching the door as people come in. (see my earlier post for location, etc) It's usually pretty easy to spot the SFers as they arrive.
I am in full compliance. Picked up some shirts I had ordered and paid for back in May, but other than that the closest I have come to anything clothing-related is looking at (but not buying!) an issue of Men's Ex. Have not looked at eBay, Howard Yount, Brooks Brothers or thrift stores. I imagine I will be in for July and August; I am saving the meager remains of my clothing budget for my next trip to Hong Kong.
For those who have not been before, the Elks Lodge is on the third floor of the Kensington Park Hotel. When you get off the elevator you will need to ring the doorbell and someone will buzz you in. I will sign you in as my guests. Roger, we are starting a little later than usual because I have to be in Palo Alto that afternoon and I want to make sure that I can be at the Lodge before you guys start arriving.
Quote: Originally Posted by comrade Anyone know of a relatively uncrowded place that's not too loud? .... like the Elks Lodge. Jeff (gravenimages) we miss you. I am an Elk, too, so if you want to do it at the lodge again we can.
I'm in for the 22nd.
I'm in. I put myself on a budget for the year and I've already spent about 85% of it. I will probably be in Hong Kong in the fall and I really want to have some money to spend there. So definitely no purchases this month!
I'm in. Tadich Grill would be another dinner possibility.