or Connect

Posts by Macallan

Quote: Originally Posted by countdemoney Why the choice of Tom Ford as co-author? publicity (cannot blame James)
The churches don't fit me well because they pinch quite a lot around my little toe on my right foot. I think they were a G108 - the 108's do have a 'tighter' fit compared to the more traditional lasts, I have the Lowick model in my work rotation. In my opinion, C&J are better at doing narrow lasts but my feet and I prefer Church's. If you wanted to try Church's again consider; 173 (round-toe) and 119; 130 is an elongated shape (no experience myself) but avoid the Italian...
Quote: Originally Posted by The Silverfox I'm curious though, what are the benefits of going through bespoke england? Aside from perhaps saving yourself the trip to the actual store. Once you have tried on or owned G&G shoes, you save a trip. That may be the only advatage; however, you have to take into account the time taken to make a trip and sometimes finding time is difficult. With BE, make an order and they will get in contact to discuss...
Quote: Originally Posted by The Silverfox I thought the EG was 610 for RWT and 710 for MTO. We're talking about the Chelsea, right? Either way, prices seem relatively comparable, although I guess prices have gone up a bit since the fellow from the other thread got his in december 2008. I was quoted £690 for MTO in Feb (this year) and their cap-toe is the Chelsea model. The RTW model was £585 at the time. Quote: Originally...
http://made-to-order.bespoke-england.co.uk - if you go direct to G&G, you may get a slighty cheaper price Edward Green's cap-toe oxford is £585 RTW or £690 MTO
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley Heard from a friend today that AJ Hewitt (Ravi Tailor) charges 1,300 pounds for a suit (incl. cloth). Is that right? Sounds like a great deal for a SR product. For a suit no, that seems like the price for a jacket (excluding tax)
RTW suits are dry cleaned 3-4 times a year Non-RTW suits are dry cleaned once a year, if at all
Quote: Originally Posted by mimolette What I'm wondering is, should I exchange the tie for something solid, or perhaps the shirt? I'm worried I might have too many patterns going on here. Toss a coin: heads - plain shirt, tails - solid tie. Personally I would go for a non-blue gingham and the change tie for a solid option. The patterns you have at the moment (striped suit, gingham shirt, repp tie) can work if you use different colours....
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel Why? They're both bluchers, and what little the Leeds gains on the formality continuum by being a plain toe, it loses by being double-soled and hence heavier and clunkier. Some people prefer double soled shoes but if we leave that discussion aside for the moment. If I was given a choice between a split-toe shoe or a non-split-toe double soled shoe, to wear with a suit, I would choice the latter. Double...
Quote: Originally Posted by Slopho I'd like to get some opinions on the AE Leeds, I'm looking to purchase a pair. I would say the Leeds is more acceptable with a suit then the Delray