or Connect

Posts by Macallan

Quote: Originally Posted by Gininteacups Thank you for the information. I was quoted around the £100 mark for a resole, by James Taylor & Son in London. Is Lobb worth the additional £100 or so for the resole? I suppose they use the original last? I'm aware that Lobb would not touch the shoes in the future if I were to get them resoled elsewhere. James Taylor have done some repair work for me; however, if you got JL shoes then use JL for...
I would not reccomend any Savile Row tailor, you need to decide what style you like and or want. I could understand if someone wanted Dege/Poole for work suits, then A&S for formalwear, etc. However, it seems you are looking to purchase bespoke, for the sake of bespoke and will end up dissapointed. Lets assume you picked A&S, there may be something you want tweak and at least you can do that on the second suit. However, if you got suits made from different tailors...
RTW garments at RRP: Suits from £1.8k, sports jacket from £1.4k, trousers from £500, silk robe £2.8k, leather good vary saw a bag for £3.6k. When the collection first came to Harrods, I did have a look and the clothes/accessories are very good quality; however, not worth the price for me. Even during the Harrods, I could ont justify the price. I saw some shoes down from about £900 to £600 - they are nice shoes, but I would rather purchase JL/G&G/EG are...
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisb0109 Equivalent? We wear black oxfords as well. but you Yanks like wearing brown shoes
You have to take into account, the first shirt has a buttoned collar; also note, how the shirt fabric varies between buttons (the second shirt looks neater). It could be a case where the first shirt is made for casual settings and possibly with top button normally not buttoned. There is a difference between my work shirts and buttoned collar shirts, although not as much as seen above. If people are going the custom route, they could have a smart shirt with...
Depends on the pattern; for example, if you planned to wear the trousers of a plain grey suit, most people will be none the wiser. If I were to do that, I would not wear black oxfords (for the US, the equivalent applies). I do not like to wear a tie without a suit, unless required and in those scenarios would wear a sports jacket or at least a sweater (even a lightweight sweater).
By polish leather, they mean polished binder - corrected grain leather
With stocking up, there can be an issue of the garment not fitting when you plan to wear them. There are things that are always worth stocking on, such as socks, shoes, accessories, even coats. You have to also consider, when/if the garments will be on sale again. Will the shirts be on sale for a similar price, say during the xmas/summer sales?
With something like a white shirt, cap-toe oxfords, etc I can see the point of having the same item twice; however, with jeans/trousers, I would not get an exact pair unless it were spare trousers with a suit.