or Connect

Posts by Macallan

Personally, I would say look at different watches; although, from the options, the white face option.
£27 ($42) every 6-8 weeks Although the last two occasions I have used the top stylist who charges £39 ($60) - the first time my stylist was away sick so they charged me my normal rate and I rebooked with him. The annoying part is when I am booking my next appointment, the reception staff try to sell me Loreal products. My stylist does not bother, she knows I am happy with my current products.
I have only had issues with C&J loafers before - felt ok instore, hurt the first time I walked in them properly. The best solution I found was wearing them for 3/4 hours indoors, and using shoe trees for two days. I had purchased two loafers, the same model in calfskin and suede; the method worked for both shoes.. You may need to wear the shoes for longer. I wear the calfskin pair more often and have not occurred any issues; as I wear the suede less often they can...
5 suits (one is fashion-forward and not suited to work) Tend to wear suits Mon-Thurs, on Fri a sports jacket or sweater combo - although if I am a halfday during the week then will not wear a suit on that day but wear on Fri.
Bob at Dege & Skinner probably has similar prices to Sean Oscar Udeshi on Davies Street, about £220 for MTM and £260 for bespoke - from what I understand, both MTM and bespoke are made to the standard; however, with the latter there is a trial shirt although there is an eight shirt minimum for bespoke (3/4 minimum for MTM). A cheaper option would be Frank Foster (starting price below £150); however, the wait can be long and if cost is an important factor, you will...
Quote: Originally Posted by GrumbleGrumble If you can get to Bicester Village you should be able to pick up some Church's for, er, slightly over budget (~£160 + shoe trees if required). You get Church's for £150 at Bicester Village, I have in the past; however, it depends on your luck. On one trip I found two black oxfords's in my size and on the next two occasions, nothing. Quote: Originally Posted by pred02 I am...
... the designs, especially from their casual range. They have some nice designs from their city range and some wholecuts are nice; however, you would have to pay me to wear most of their shoes. Some people find Lobb (St James) too conservative and boring, but I do not.
I have 4 Cheaney's (1 own brand, 3 outsourced work) vs 2 C&J's and although my fave out of the bunch is outsourced Cheaney's, I would say C&J. - slightly higher quality leather, better construction,
Your current charcoal suit could be used for interviews/meetings; for work, you could wear both in most environments. If you need a suit to be worn specifically for interviews and meetings, and also for work, then the second suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I will never wear any shade or fabric of blue as an odd trouser with a jacket. I will wear pants from my blue linen suit with a light linen shirt but never with a jacket. Not even light blue? I can understand why someone would not wear have navy odd trousers or wear the trousers of a navy suit with another jacket; however, ruling out all shades of blue seems strange to me.