or Connect

Posts by Macallan

Good day, started at Huntsmans for the 11:30 presentation and ended at Poole's. Gieves did a double tour (i. archive & history, ii. bespoke); however, because the tour overran missed the start of the Hand & Lock presentation at Dege (presentation was between 2pm - 4pm, I turned up at 2:40), no one else was there and it got boring after 3 mins. The houses could have organised the prestations timing better, there was too much lapse between start times.
Oscar Udeshi; however, you would be looking £220/+ for a MTM shirt - you can get bespoke for less money in London.
There is a difference in cloth quality from my older Gieves RTW to my last purchases (xmas '08). From what I have seen recently, there has been further decrease yet in the last year the prices have jumped. In terms of construction, I suppose if I examine the garments there could be a difference; however cloth and price in this case are more of a concern. I have varies RTW from Gieves: suits, shirts, sweaters, odd-trousers, tweed jacket, ties and a pair of shoes. ...
Good timing - my week off *plans visit* **emails Huntsman*
Gieves have started to charge silly money for their RTW; only purchase it on sale, with at least 33% discount. The garment quality has also decreased.
My guess, would be the same: 21.7.58 - the date, 21st July '58 2276/1 - customer number; 2276th customer, first garment BH - cutter's intials 926S - ???
Considering the environement, no. You should look at cotton/linen mix, probably with a higher % of the former.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThinkDerm Full resole is $450 and sent to France. Resole for RTW costs are normally about a third of shoe price, although with this can vary depending on the range and brand. Edward Green resoles are about 30% of the retail, although Barkers can be as high as 50% of the retail price. The last time I saw US prices for JL, they were between $1.1k and $1.5k; which makes $450 on par with costs plus shipping. ...
Bicester Village: Church's - worth calling to find out about what sizes are available Ralph Lauren may have some English made shoes, although last time they did not have any shoes Charles Tyrwhitt have shoes for under £100 Dunhill, Zegna and Ferragamo have shoes; however, not fond of the shoes I find at the latter. If you only want Trickers boots then Northampton is the only option but even then, they may not have models in your size.
May seem like the easy option, but have you considered penny loafers - http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0