or Connect

Posts by Macallan

You will be getting a good product; however, fit is an issue and why you should not purchase any more (E&R MTM) suits until you have tried the final product. You may also want to change certain features for future suits; e.g. no of buttons, lapel, pocket style, vent style, etc. I have RTW Gieves' garments from 2006 that are still part of my work wardrobe; Gieves and E&R both use Wensum. With proper care and rotation, they should get many years of usage.
I really like that wall-clock, does any know if it is available in the UK?
Even if you went to the same store and they offered the same cloth as suit seperates, there can still be a difference. You can find very slight differences between banches of the same cloth woven in the same pattern; however, one can argue that it can be very difficult to spot the differences.
Yoox is very strange, when it comes to payments . The first time I made on order, over £500, they suspended my order until I sent them some information because they felt that £500+ was a lot for a first time order. I missed out on a sports jacket, although they did redeem themself when a pair of trousers did not fit from the order.
If the Austin Reed (Regent St.) sale is still on, they have Church's for under £200 and Cheaneys for under £140 If anyone is planning to visit Bicester Village, worth calling Church's (and some of the other stores) beforehand; the staff can tell you what shoes they have in your size.
Button down collar shirts are ideal for biz-casual, as they less formal then turn down collars. Sweaters and cardigan are only suited to biz-casual and casual work environments; hence, work well with button down collar shirts. However, I would avoid such shirts, if pairing with a waistcoat. Although, if a vest sweater then a suitable option.
Shoes should be polished and conditioned weekly, or at least a couple times each month. - Agree, although this depends on how often the shoes are worn. For men that wear a pair only once or twice a month, that means after every wearing. - Disagree. For my work shoes, I go through a full routine every 2/3 wears and between wears, just use a brush. For casual shoes, I go through a full routine every 4 times; unless required. However, for my more expensive shoes...
Ralph Lauren at Bicester Village, £55; they have offers for multiple purchases (i.e. 2 for £90)
You can get Cheaneys for £200 RRP Austin Reed on Regent Street have Church's & Cheaneys on sale, both under £200. They had the Consul model (Church's) for £193 and I saw Cheaneys for £135.
Prada sports jacket (100% camel) Ralph Lauren sports jacket (100% cotton)