or Connect

Posts by Macallan

For my only 888 last shoes, I needed to get F width rather then E; although my size (8.5) was the same.
Buy another suit and or get morning formal wear; cap-toe oxfords should only been worn with a suit. You may getaway with wearing them with a smart jacket and trouser combo; however, it will look like you own only one pair of shoes.
You could get a mtm jacket made for less than half the Fendi price, or under £1k for a bespoke version MTM Timothy Everest is a good option; so would Cad & The Dandy, who have a contemporary style.
Regent Austerity Brogue is tempting but I know I need a 8.5F in the 888 last . Great pricing, very similar to the EG sale prices.
Go for dark grey/charcoal trousers, medium grey waistcoat and a navy jacket
Where did you get the £700 mtm suits from? That would help with the suggestions
When getting trousers made the tailor would/should take that into account your big thighs and make trousers that reduce thigh rub. I have big thighs and in the past have had many trousers wear out because of thigh rub. With suits, get spare trousers as well; with any suit that I get now, I always order spare trousers. Despite the reviews, you should still speak with Graham Browne. Another option is Cad & The Dandy (similar price range), who I have used and recently got...
I prefer the cufflink hole in the centre, as it just about hides the cufflinks under a jacket sleeve; whereas, a cufflink hole closer the the edge, would make the cufflinks visible/more-visible.
I wear oxfords with smart odd-jackets and trousers - some of my oxfords are not black (i.e. midnight blue, old rose, chameleon)
Tailors do sometimes miss the baste fitting but should not for new customers.