or Connect

Posts by Macallan

NAVY SUIT: White shirt - yes Black shoes & belt - yes Black tie - depends, on the pattern and the suit cloth. It can work but it can go completely wrong too Personally with a plain white shirt, I would suggest a patterned navy tie if the suit is plain
I am not talking about Duchamp's styling or dandy status, the question is about their quality. I like Duchamp pocket squares and own many but most of their range (clothing, shirts, ties, etc) is not my taste. The reason why I mentioned the sale prices is because currently Duchamp have a sale, the sale prices can be ignored and we can look at Duchamp at their retail prices.
I do not know if the US Duchamp clothing is the same as the UK; hence, can only comment on garments seen in the UK. The quality is ok, for the same as their UK sale prices you can find the same quality cheaper elsewhere. You should only go for Duchamp if you like their style and if you like style (and cannot find the same style cheaper elsewhere) then go for it.
What suits do you already have? What would you use this suit for, ie: work, social, etc? As mentioned you could go the rtw route and then alter a suit; however, the costs of alterations for not always worth going this route. If you want to consider this route, you can get something in the sales or make a trip to Bicester Village.
If you do not want to wear a white shirt: Lilac Pink You could go for blue, but personally not a fan of light blue shirt with navy/midnight-blue suit Ercu In terms of stripes, you could go for white with most colours (if the stripes are thin) without it looking like a plain white shirt
Time depends on a number of factors:Their general turn-around time? - this can vary depending if the product is mtm or bespoke, and what is outsourced and where it is outsourcedHow busy they are & if any factory they use are closed for holidays?If someone is a new customer? - new customers may need more fittingsWhen you are available for fittings? - if the jacket is ready for a fitting and you are not available, then this can prolong the time8 to 12 weeks is enough time...
I have used them for a number of things and alterations, besides my first visit which was at the their Castle Court location, my visits have been on the Row. I have normally dealt with James, but spoke with Ian for my last order. In terms of time, I have never given them a certain deadline - my last orders (odd trousers) were ready earlier; nor have I had any communication delays. I am due to order two more odd-trousers from by the end of July. Tailors can make...
I agree that designer labels are normally over-priced; however, they are not always bad quality. The designer fusion lines tend to be bad quality - I cannot comment on the currently quality of mainline Dolce & Gabbana suits; going back 3/4 years ago, there were very good quality and underrated.
Non-work suit: no Work suit: I would get at least spare pair of trousers
The Gieves & Hawskes rtw model, was to try everything - half-canvas suits, some fused jackets, Gieves fusion line, blazer shop and casual wear. They should have kept it simple with a decent half-canvas product; instead, it seems they are were targeting too many things. They become 'lost' and this had a negative impact; hence, the closure of a lot concessions. The shop space on Savile Row has seen so many changes, as they try different things.