or Connect

Posts by Macallan

1. depends on cloth, seems fine 2. one black, one brown 3. one charcoal or med/dark grey, one navy 4. you would need at least one white shirt , probably maybe even more, consider lilac as well - 2 white, 2 blue, 2 lilac 5. if you want TO NOTE: 1. You will need at least 5 ties 2. When buying suits, consider spare trousers
Ideally, no; however, still ok, as long as you follow a set routine (pair 1, pair 2, pair 3; repeat)
As above.If your budget allows, go for Lesser 11oz cloth - I have two suits from this book for all-year-round-wear
Have you considered flannel, they feel warmer compared to worsted wool? From my own experience, there is not much difference between 14oz and 16oz cloth; however, i have tried 18oz - it would feel warmer, but how much warmer I do not know. Are you just looking at rtw options?
I do like the grey suit/grey tie look, and the same applies to blue/navy. The pattern of the suit and tie are important than the colour. I would wear a plain blue or navy suit with a blue/navy patterned tie, matched with a plain shirt. If the shirt is patterned, e.g. striped, then it is important it does not clash with the tie. You could wear a navy patterned suit with a navy patterned tie, but in this scenario a plain shirt is best. If you want to go further and wear a...
When I had a look at their shop last year, a lot of garments were made in Italy; the quality was good but more expensive then similar quality elsewhere. Since then, they have added more items based on what I have seen online. If you are looking for cashmere sweaters, have a look at Turnbull & Asser £195 or two for £300 (sleeveless £145 each or two for £200).
When I was looking for alterations tailor open on weekends found H. M. TTailoring. They altered four jackets for me: 2 from sleeves 1 from shoulders On a casual jacket shorten sleeve end & re-attach cuff. They are also available on sundays but appointment only. However; I have not used them since 2008. Recently I did give Cad & Dandy some alteration work when getting trousers made. Jacket altered from shoulders and coat from sleeve end.
Look at suit separates rather than paired jacket and trousers suit combo - this is allows you to get the best available jacket and trousers, and also helps reduce alteration costs
Single cuffs - prefer round but do have some square cuffs. Dislike mitre cuff Double cuffs - square only
TM Lewin, for size 52r there are four suits, the cheapest £249 http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/All-Suits/Mens-Suit-Bundles,en_GB,sc.html#http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/All-Suits/Mens-Suit-Bundles,en_GB,sc.html?prefn1=chestSize&prefv1=52%22