or Connect

Posts by Macallan

*awaits post 'my second pair of EG shoes*Welcome to a start of an expensive habit
You have it all wrong, you need to go out all out and get a leather suit If you are going to wear a shirt with a leather blazer/jacket/coat, keep it casual (e.g. buttoned collar) and dont wear a tie.
You can pay less, but it would be a lower quality resole What range of Barker's and Loakes are the shoes from, if their are from the lower ranges probably not worth re-soling. I once got two pairs of shoes resoled from a local cobbler and even though the shoes were worn as 'kick-abouts' I would not do it again.
Start at Ralph Lauren, look for the Black label range; if you are lucky, you may find something in your size. It may cost more than £300, possibily upto £450. After that, go to any of the other stores. Bicester it is not busy during the week; however, with the it being half-term for schools, it may be busier than normal.
As mentioned, i. budget, ii. why no jacket Another issue to consider is that tailors/shirtmakers get busy from Spring. Depending when in the summer the wedding is, you may need to book something soon. A two-piece suit in a casual shade would be a lot better than a waistcoat/trouser comno
Not a good idea Spend that money on mtm with someone location, or if you find something rtw that works for you get it tailored. If you really want a British 'brand' then many tailors do visit the United States and many offer mtm - personally, avoid this.
1. depends on cloth, seems fine 2. one black, one brown 3. one charcoal or med/dark grey, one navy 4. you would need at least one white shirt , probably maybe even more, consider lilac as well - 2 white, 2 blue, 2 lilac 5. if you want TO NOTE: 1. You will need at least 5 ties 2. When buying suits, consider spare trousers
Ideally, no; however, still ok, as long as you follow a set routine (pair 1, pair 2, pair 3; repeat)
As above.If your budget allows, go for Lesser 11oz cloth - I have two suits from this book for all-year-round-wear
Have you considered flannel, they feel warmer compared to worsted wool? From my own experience, there is not much difference between 14oz and 16oz cloth; however, i have tried 18oz - it would feel warmer, but how much warmer I do not know. Are you just looking at rtw options?