or Connect

Posts by fxh

17 KGs loss is a lot.At the risk of stating the obvious if you were @ 100KG its a 17% loss.Be honest with yourself and think if this is your long term weight - otherwise you may easily go back to a bit more weight.It also depends where you lost that weight. Not all weight loss equals width/girth loss. Its most likely from stomach, waist and hips thighs.In general its wisest to dress/alter for the size you are RIGHT NOW not what you hope to be. Just ask wedding dress...
Word is the big retailers are not shifting winter stock at all - especially here in Melbourne - the never ending election won't help as people slow down retail spending until election is over. So we need either/or both an extended cold snap of at least a week to stimulate sales and the election to be over for sales of heavy coats etc to pick up.
In my comprehensive 3 monthly audit (wander) of Melbourne s clothing retailers men's and women's - I've made the observation that Burnt Orange (and other less attractive variations) are this seasons new black.
Or Midsomers Murders
If MJ BALE suits you - I noticed the other night I walked past an MJ Bale warehouse/popup sale with millions of genuine $100 jackets, $30 ties, $199 suits in Little Bourke or Little Collins just above Elizabeth I think.
@md2010 any chance you could make those pics bigger?
That would have been my advice 10 years ago - maybe even 5. But I cant say I've seen more than 5 or 6 Dinner Suits worth wearing in an opshop for a few years. 10 years ago you could pick from many in your size and well made and naturally seldom worn. But I would still have a look around a few opshops if I was needing a Dinner Suit. Particularly if I was young enough to get "messy" - I don't drink at all myself these days**.** unless forced to have one or two just to be...
I wore this out last night to see Little Shop of Horrors. I was the only idiot in the whole place in a tie. I am reliably informed by Ms fxh and daughter both with Art /Graphics background and who assure me they know their pantones - that the suit is not olive but a light latte coffee brown! Not enough green in it to be olive.
I was never a big fan of olive - and there's many a thing called olive - I'd mainly seen it as an American non committal style. But I have a cotton suit which I like and gradually came to see as possibly olive rather than light brown. Its probably best described as olive with a brown caste rather than a green caste. Its the green I don't particularly like. Like black - its black with green caste that looks the worst. Some old pics.