or Connect

Posts by fxh

Lachy, as others have said, there's nothing wrong at all with double vented DJ, but no vents is more traditional. I'd prefer to see no vents for the simple reason that its a rare acceptable use of no vents these days, and therefore lends a bit of variety to your wardrobe without risking looking out of date. I mean a lounge suit with no vents can, in many eyes, look dated. It also helps define the DJ as different from a lounge/business wear. OTOH you can always convert...
lachy - sounds good . I'm curious - on what occasions do you get to wear a dinner suit and about how many times a year?
Liber, basic, simple, common, piece of the proverbial.
Matt, I'd concentrate on finding a tailor/alterationist in W' bool. For the future use. Ask/poke around , I'd assume due to FJs that there would be shitloads of skilled people and proper tailors around retired or semi retired.
sorry to hear you're not feeling well Gerry.
I've got 2 or 3 SCs in wool/linen/silk its a great blend. Matt, usually your regular optometrist will give you glasses cases for free. Or just walk into a w' bool optometrist and ask them for a freebie. Opshops are a great source of glasses cases, the semi wsoft leather ones with a pocket clip are the go.
O'Connells have some long sleeved ones - I think they will fade and bleed a bit. [[SPOILER]] They don't look as authentic - open weave, lightweight, colours to bleed as these below - but they were deadstock. [[SPOILER]]
Its a very common USA thing to get married in a dinner suit.
Ernesto is a poor man's Finbar Saunders.
I'm not a big madras fan but the Ivy guys get all weepy over the fact you can't get any real bleeding madras much anywhere. I wonder if they still have the real stuff in India? I can see the appeal of the bleeding madras for short sleeved shirts. I tend to stay way from checks and tartans - they don't flatter my middle bits. Come to think of it you'd think perhaps Luxire might have a source for real bleeding madras but I suppose its a niche market and most people even in...