or Connect

Posts by fxh

Again this is off the top of my head but I think poplin is a tight weave and not all that cool? Look for a simple open weave in the shirts. How far do you have to walk between your office and court? How much of it is really outside? Any reason you can't take jacket off, leave it on hanger or back of chair in court, and put it on when you come back in?
I'll assume thats a bit of hyperbole and you are not actually paranoid about suit fabric. You might try largely unlined jackets, with 1/4 lining or butterfly lining, mainly just over shoulders and in sleeves. Although with unlined, at least in theory, the interior finish has to be of higher quality, sometimes making a jacket more expensive. A looser jacket, well loose clothes in general, will always feel a bit cooler. (as to if they actually ARE cooler...)But - whats...
Oli, off the top of my head, the important thing is that a suit lining is slippery, allows you to slip sleeves on easily and knees not to catch on trousers etc. Also that it breathes roughly like wool. No point in the wonderful qualities of wool if it is negated or neutralised by a lining that doesn't breath like a poly. iirc Bemberg is a trade náme , synonymous with suit lining, but it is still a rayon /viscose. A particular kind of rayon, cupro. Cuprammonium Rayon to be...
or viscose is a form of rayon. Complicated due to trade names. And a generic vs a specific.
Bemberg is viscose. Or its a form of rayon and rayon is a form of viscose.
Rayon is often used for Hawaiian shirts. Feels good but needs to be carefully washed and ironed. Years ago I bought a loverly rayon short sleeved shirt with dark, but bright, blue background - vivid - and wonderful large vivid Australian cockatoos all over it in green red and blue. In San Francisco of all places. Only lasted about 2 weeks before I washed it wrongly and it shrunk to fit a 5 year old. Its one of the sad ways one gets to understand fabrics.
You are right.Its deja vu all over again.Using words is often done wrong. Not only is it ubiquitous but it seems to be everywhere these days.
Viscose is mushed up pulp. Probably an oxymoron as mushed up is pulp and pulp is mushed up stuff. What is usually mushed up into pulp is wood fibre. The pulp is treated with chemicals to make a viscose, one type is rayon. If you put your hand down into your well made slim flattering trousers, or someone else's trousers, you will feel, amongst other things, the lining around the crotch and down to knee is usually Bemberg - a name for a version of viscose /rayon. If you...
Lots of chemicals involved in growing wool and cotton and in treating bothboth materials in the manufacturing and finishing processes.
Its always been around but the hippy/greenie sustainability mob have been smitten by it for some time lately. The anti bacterial properties are often touted. But they are weak/minimal in untreated fibre and destroyed in treated. Paradoxically it often has chemical anti bacterial stuff added later. Its not easy being green! People rarely realise that viscose is renewable and plant based and can be called natural.