or Connect

Posts by fxh

Probably better to take them with you.Moths don't eat clothes - their babies - larvae do.First you must ensure that there are no moth eggs in the clothes prior to storage. Hang clothes in mild sun light outside and breeze for a few hours. (You should do this twice a year anyway). Then brush them.Get them dry-cleaned - this will do 2 things:(1) get rid of any moth eggs/larvae that are already there and(2) remove any food (protein = grease, crumbs, skin fragments etc) that...
Being cheeky wont get you anywhere.
Cant see any Sperrys on that link - are they Topsiders?
Roughly what sort of rise are you after ? The front rise on my Tailored fit LE chinos is 11.5" Not super high but good enough. The last I purchased any was around 2 years ago or so. But I have a million of them plus a few still in plastic wrap on top of wardrobe, for emergencies, when I knew they were discontinuing my favourite model number. So they may have shortened the rise. I would expect the TALL versions are higher rise and probably the Traditional Fit too. But...
H Bone Pete The only Uniglo Jackets I've seen in Melbourne were great value and nice materials except they were extreme bum freezers with very stingy narrow lapels. I've checked them out a few times I think once with old Grand PoP, once with Gerry and with appolyon. Yours looked good - suitably long and not too skinny lapels - the other night. Did you get them in Melb?
But at the right price.
The other day I did a run through in Target. They have a linen cotton suit - quarter lined only i think - relatively unstructured - patch pockets - sold as separates - in a nice khaki/tan and also in a "groovy" mid blue. Seemed OK for what it was to me. $99 for jacket $49 for trousers. I've recommended to a few young blokes. Haven't seen them on yet. I'd say its a good deal - keep in mind it wont be SF approved but will be better than 99% of any suits you see around. A...
Lands End used to make a tall chino and shirts - from memory they have various length anyway on their "normal" chinos. They have tailored fit and traditional fit. Mostly good value although sadly they have dropped their rises in the last year or so.
I was paying $23 a week rent and moved out of the 4 bedroom 2 storey house near Brunswick Street because they were selling it for $11,000.Regrets? - I've had a few....
The chief executive of the Australian bootwear and clothing company R.M. Williams, Hamish Turner, is departing after 14 years. Mr Turner will remain on the R.M. Williams board and will take up a directorship at L Capital Asia, the private equity firm backed by luxury goods company LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, which bought 49.9 per cent of R.M. Williams last year for more than $50 million. He will be replaced on 1 December by Raju Vuppalapati, managing director of...