or Connect

Posts by fxh

As my mate shooey would tell you - Church's is a man's shoe - not for boys. You may not be ready. Not cheap either.btw - what size are you - somebody here might have stuff to offload. Always worth a try.
On a day when I'm on my feet all day and no sitting down, I'll only wear certain pairs of shoes or boots. Otherwise my feet would explode. With the chosen shoes my feet only feel on fire and not quite at explosion stage. I do find Dainite soles with those round circles on them the hardest on my feet. A pity as I have a few pairs of Dainite shoes I like. I do feel a bit sad about McCloud as they were an oasis in the Australian shoe desert for years. And served people...
clayb - no one has mentioned it - but those of us with problem feet will tell you - try shoes on and stick with brands and lasts that are comfortable. Then try and get the best styles etc in that last and brand. The spiffiest shoes in the world aren't any good if they hurt. An extra $200 for shoes you can try on is next to nothing if you save online but they don't fit properly. As the old cliche goes - the most expensive clothes you will buy are the bargains that sit in...
Plus their VAT/GST is 20% - so its a 40% discount?? That is if they do a direct rate conversion each day - they may just set an Australian price? Or like Loake - just ban shipping to oz by third parties like Herring, Pediwear. You can get around it by posting to a UK address (like my brother*) but then you pay VAT* I then save postage by saying I'll do a bank transfer to him for postage and then "forgetting" to do it.edit:: I can't read you chart - so I dunno what I'm saying
Amidst all the anxiety over Brexit and the current confusion kver the Australian elections it's important not to be all negative. Something positive has emerged to give us all hope..................... Sophie Mirabella has been firmly rejected twice now.
I'm quiet and agreeable.
oh nothing at all. I like it. But for a lot of people it's not their cup of Earl Grey.
There's never been a less exciting time to be an Australian voter.
Oh BTW - you wont be able to order Loakes from Herring to Australia. I think Herrings own shoes - often made by Loake - are better design and quality anyway. I also think, contrary to advice on other places on SF that the best (most versatile etc) first few real men's - as opposed to boys - shoes for someone starting out are city brogues - not too heavily brogued. One pair black + one pair dark brown (or burgundy in this case)
Without knowing your workplace its hard to say. I can say if I could get a squiz at your HR dress codes and see the people coming out of work at lunch time or after work I could tell you a lot. Almost exactly and immediately.But most places these days no one could tell if your shoes were leather or sneakers or whatever - let alone worry about captoes vs brogues vs burgundy. My experience with the big corporates these days is as a visitor presenting or customer - around...