or Connect

Posts by fxh

How ridiculous? Just, very, super or absolutely bloody ridiculous?
Never been a great sneakers fan - and perhaps erroneously formed the view that if you were over 17 you probably shouldn't wear sneakers and if you were over 35 you certainly shouldn't - but I may be slightly out of touch. Although I look at a the sad 45 years old or so blokes at gigs and around town trying to look youthful and hip in black jeans, sneakers and a band t shirt and can't see any urgency to revise my prejudices. Certainly if you are over 50 - don't wear sneakers.
Forgot to add - with that sort of trouser you really need a bit of heel on your shoes to work best. SVB would look better with a higher heel.
Add to list - washing machine and bottle of Oxyclean
As your trousers get wider/looser you need to use heavier material (suiting) for them to hang right. Other wise you can get a bit of a funny* look. Unless you are going for a casual white linen or cotton summer trousers.*technical termAlso - if you are going for a wider "actual flare" as opposed to say a boot cut then you'll need military cuffs otherwise you'll be dragging in the dirt at the rear or swinging high water above you shoes - neither a good look with wide...
Here's a pic with shoes and cuffs. I think the flare is a bit too much for present day and a straighter leg would look better. These suits are by Italian Carlo Palazzi - 1975 edit: Like a lot of other terms today "straight leg" has been a bit bastardised - esp in jeans. I think what you are after might be best termed Parallel Legs
I think that pic is from the book Sharp Suits. There might be more. I'll have a look
@akclothpooperI think this sort of cut can look very good. A lot of French suits used to tend toward this high fitted waist and wider cuff opening. Probably not technically flared but look like it. If you have a knee @ 10" and a leg opening/bottom at 10" it will look flared even though it is actually straight.This picture unfortunately does not show the trousers hitting the shoes.