or Connect

Posts by fxh

Thanks Luke. I'd interested to hear more about the general mood and politics and also after you have visited the camps.
Radio National NOW Kate Miller -Heidke live - very tasty concert http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Miller-Heidke
lachy - I just looked at that shirt up big - in my book I'd call that a pretty aggressive dart - takes in a tremendous amount of material - like at least 2 " on either side?. I've been largely imagining darts like I have probably taking in in say .05cm to 1cm. I can see what you are reacting to now. In my humble thats too much to use a dart for and does make it look a bit "funny" - to use a technical term.
PoP - I think you'd look better with that polo hanging out. Lachy -etc - I'm not making a fuss about darts - its not something I care about - one way or the other - I was just genuinely curious why people don't like them. In other news - I'm cleaning out some sheds - anyone interested in Rolling Stone and Q magazines from 87 to mid 90s?
anyway - what feckin' time is it over there in Syria? Or are you up for morning Salat with the comrades?
lachy - i suspect you are talking about darts that are too short and aggressive..???
I see people saying this often but I don't really understand. Unless the shirt has wide ish stripes you can't tell easily if its darted. Perhaps people are taking about darts that are too short and take in too much material?
Taking in shirts around the middle /waist is pretty straightforward to an experienced sewer. Darts in the back will clearly do it. Darts are often used more to give shape. You can have them uncut so you could let them out later or cut. You can also have it taken in at side seams. Cut or uncut. Or you can have pleats at each shoulder sew right down or a single box pleats at back sewn down.
There used to be great clothes OTR in Australia** [[SPOILER]] ** Not to mention cheap smokes. I was at the supermarket the other day at that special services counter or whatever its called, buying my sodastream refill, a young friend was behind the counter, a bloke came up and got a carton of ciggies. He paid $185. Yes. $185. - Amazing. What a bloody expensive habit.
[[SPOILER]]