or Connect

Posts by Redwoood

Is this mystery still unsolved?
I believe many of Crompton's bespoke commissions have some gimmick or another. That's how he likes it.
hmm... no. It's clearly bespoke, made for the wearer, very difficult to get at your average yard sale.
looks fine to me, I think some people let their personal attitudes or prejudices guide their judgements. My feeling is the jacket could use 1-2cm more length, and the pockets are..uh..probably exactly where he wanted them. Otherwise it fits well for what it is. I think he's torquing his upper body in the other picture, so it looks like the jacket's not centred. Can't imagine Rubi not spotting such an obvious flaw otherwise. If I saw him passing by on the...
This is made by Caruso, just as the seller claims.
costanza, Last time I checked Harry Rosen was running a tie sale, with some nice Drake's grenadines, especially at the Bloor location. Not sure if it's still on.
As a server, I would too. As a cook I would take it as a compliment.
Zegna for $5000? that's couture-level. I guess one would have to get comparable fabrics in order to compare prices.
What Brioni body would give you something along the lines of Zegna Milano, though? I'm fairly familiar with Brioni's Nomentano, but that one has the strong Roman shoulders and full body, so looks nothing like current Zegnas. Is there a Brioni model that comes close? BTW, I was under the impression that Zegna MTM is just 15% or so more expensive than OTR. So going up to Brioni from there would be at least another 60% on top, no?
I don't think there's ever been a thread that started in DT and ended up in CE via a short stay in SL. Keep it up, people!