or Connect

Posts by Simon Templar

Quote: Originally Posted by r... I want them if they want me. Im not concerned with race as much as I dont like it being fetishized, e.g. the way some white women get over black/hispanic men is almost as creepy as the way some white/black guys get over orientals. I don't get this Asian fetish either.
Quote: Originally Posted by onix Asians are more racial discriminating than other races. But it's not because of the skin color, it's because of the culture they have been living with for thousands of years. I've had Indians tell me how racist and discriminatory their culture is. Certain people from ethnic groups (eg Sikhs i've spoken to) think they are superior to other groups. But boy when Indians live overseas they are all so quick to jump...
Quote: Originally Posted by Unbreakable Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours whole CD. you have it right, ole blue eyes! turn the lights down low or a candle or a fire, just sit, sip, and smoke. Goodnight and Goodluck soundtrack by Dianne Reeves. Wonderful smoky bar, 50's/60's vibe by a truly gifted artist.
Quote: Originally Posted by 3cyr3 I grew up and currently live in Perth, but have spent many months living in Sydney. Just wanting to add onto MrH's post. Perth has less culture, less fashion, less international sporting events (or events in general), and i would argue that the traffic is just as bad as Sydney, if only for the fact that the majority of Perth people do not understand any form of driving etiquette. However, like has been said, there...
Looking for a good, smooth smoke with a nice aroma and not too overpowering (e.g i found Bolivars too strong for my palate). I'd like a list of your 5 recommended cubans and 5 recommended dominicans fitting that description. Many thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Threak That is strange. Not what I expected to see. When I was a kid in the 90's I spent some vacations visiting relatives in Mexico. Soda there was only sold in glass bottles which were reused, so you had to bring in an empty bottle for each full one you took with you. Or, for us kids, they'd pour it into a plastic bag and knot it with a straw so you could leave the bottle there. And there would always be men standing...
Quote: Originally Posted by rvan I'm in the middle of reading Diamonds Are Forever by Ian Fleming. I'm attempting to read all the James Bond novels in order. So much better than the films. In order is the best way to do it. You're in for a real treat with the ones coming up - From Russia and Dr No.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur Persian women are something... There is truth in these words. I knew one that was working as a hairdresser, modern, nicely dressed and coiffeured, lovely personality, very pretty. Unfortunately she had to go back to Iran and marry some dropkick. Hate to think of her now, all covered up. Having met older Iranian (i prefer using the term Persian) immigrants, Persia before the Islamic revolution and under...
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman same Same here. White/white from the same cultural group.
Your stories reminded me of when i was touring New Zealand and the next morning was supposed to go with a small group and see Fox Glacier really close up. During the night we heard a siren, although baffled (no fire etc) we went back to sleep. The next day we found out that a young Canadian backpacker had been involved in a hit and run and had died, on the road leading to the glacier. The siren was used to alert the local volunteer emergency services as there was no...