or Connect

Posts by Simon Templar

Quote: Originally Posted by seanchai Your hyperbole is amusing. I'm not sure you understand whence came Bosnia. Historically Muslims were a minority in both Kosovo and Bosnia. Because of higher rates of birth over time they overtook the Serb population. Then they started making demands. Bosnia should not exist - it should have been (be) divided up between Serbia and Croatia. Bosnian Muslims are not a separate nationality - they are either...
Quote: Originally Posted by coldarchon where has it got us? Care to elaborate?
Quote: Originally Posted by seanchai I do too, but for different reasons! What are your reasons? Also you avatar. I've seen that flag before. Some sort of secessionist movement?
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto What a load of crap! Most Blacks HATE whitey, HATE America and are the majority in many US cities and exactly how much of a threat to the government are they? Oh, but the brown people are different, right? Fucking idiots. Well, black people don't speak another language or have a different culture or ties to any neighbouring countries...
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik Kind of a misconception, actually. Here are some graphics of the causalities/fatalities in Iraq. It tracks the states with the largest populations. Per capita, a state like West Virginia (low economic opportunities) will generate the most servicemen. But on an absolute basis, Georgia and Alabama can't compete with California and New York. Icasualties.org is an interesting site. Used to...
The US backed overthrow of the royal family and subsequent annexation was one of the most despicable chapters in history. I advocate full political Independence for Hawaii!!!
In a way I'll miss Paisley. He was a real character and the world has too few vocal anti-Catholics these days.
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG I watched District 9 over the weekend, and it reconfirmed by belief that apartheid is wrong. The things South Africans have been doing to those prawns were completely unacceptable. Now I see why so many South Africans I've met complain so much about whenwes. This is perfectly stereotypical whenwe talk, and it's nostalgic for a time that I really don't think existed for a majority of Africans. Also, do you really...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk Presumably he's referring to chopping off a minority-majority city. If Singapore still remained part of Malaysia it would not have been anywhere near as prosperous and successful as it is today.
My auntie was born and raised in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) of European parents. It used to be a beautiful, safe and rather prosperous country. Other than lacking the very dubious freedom of casting a vote (for Mugabe nonetheless), black people were much better off under white minority rule in all areas including health, education, employment and basic standard of living. And with Ian Smith as PM, tribalism, corruption and cronyism was kept to a minimum. These are the things...