or Connect

Posts by Simon Templar

Quote: Originally Posted by stewartu Anything with Adrienne Barbeau. Her body of work has been completely overlooked by most discerning critics. Shame on them. Good old "The Fog". Can't remember what else she was in though.
Quote: Originally Posted by PITAronin My own experience would suggest that - prior to locking in your hotel - you check with them just to get some assurances that there isn't any nearby construction project (or, for that matter in-hotel renovation) that might compromise your enjoyment of your stay. About 18 months ago I cashed in a load of airline/hotel points and took a small group to Istanbul where we had rooms at the top of the line Hilton. While the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Herbert i meant rude as in crude, i.e. yelling, swearing, making politcally incorrect jokes etc. i understand Australian culture pretty well. what a load of horse shit. lebanese or middle eastern 'australians' make the headlines due to cynical editors knowing that uneducated morons will lap it up. Any skewed crime statistics towards these groups has more to do with the fact that they are disadvantaged than the fact...
Plivice Lakes National Park in Croatia may also be worth a visit. Check it out. I've been told to avoid Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, not because of the sights but because of possible issues with corrupt/unfriendly officials and higher chance of crime.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim With Roddy McDowell? If so, is awesome. I get all the variants/sequels/remakes confused. The 60's were the high point for the horror genre. Hammer, Amicus, Tigon, British Lion etc. There will never be anything like it again even though there is talk that Hammer will be resurrected and start releasing feature films.
Although not a hardcore fan - Calvin and Hobbes. Never got the Peanuts thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung Occasionally you kick the shit out of some brown people on the beach for fun though. It's a bit more complicated than that. Certain ethnic groups (and their Aussie born offspring) have not integrated very well into the wider society and have a high media profile in terms of violence and crime. This is where the problem stems from. I tend to think Australians (esp the older generation) feel much closer to...
This may be unconventional but Kool and the Gang during their 70's funk/soul phase released two kick ass smoking songs - Summer Madness and Winter Sadness. Winter sadness in particular is one of the smoothest, mellowest, chill out songs i have ever heard. Could listen to it all day.
Quote: Originally Posted by nicad2000 After taking a trial listen in response to reading a recommendation of the Good Night and Good Luck soundtrack by Dianne Reeves in the "smoking music" thread, I realize that I really enjoy this type of jazz. What are some artists (modern or classic) that I should try out? I'm very much a fan of the 50's/60's nightclub feel if that makes sense. Glad you enjoyed my recommendation of GN & GL by Dianne Reeves!...
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinW Personally, I would start looking around Mount Hawthorn, for a small family rental - Federation era homes, medium blocks, close to beach, city center and shops. Hyde Park, Leederville, Mt Lawley and North Perth are also nice. There are some good areas around South Perth close to the river but then you are getting further away from the beach. What are rents like in these areas? Just curious to see how they...