or Connect

Posts by Simon Templar

Quote: Originally Posted by Pantisocrat Good thing you don't speak for all Aussies. You make some very idiotic assumptions, the most blatant of which is that all of Europe make superior goods while in the continent of Asia only the Japanese. Let me guess, you speak another language, and it's a European one too eh? Try putting together a coherent argument before you post...while you're at it, go on buying your cheap rubbish and feeling good...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pezzaturra Do not buy Frette unless you can splurge for their top of the line linens. Their entry level "always on sale" products are horrible in quality. I bought them once at the outlet store and I could say that they were the lowest quality sheets I have ever seen. Just shame. Someone else that agrees "Made in India" goods are rubbish. Thanks for you honest review.
Quote: Originally Posted by oman arent you an australian? buying european things won't change that, sorry. i'd rather be a bantu in madagascar than an aussie. more dignified. cant blame you for trying to distance yourself from your heritage though. you are to be pitied, i think, rather than censured Getting a bit touchy there Oman. So are you saying there are no Australians that are European born or with European heritage? Or dual...
I'd never buy anything made in "India". I feel about the same as made in "China". I try and purchase European/Japanese because quality and styling is far superior.
Quote: Originally Posted by insomb you and me both. hey at least i'm trying here... people and their posters, jeez. Posters are art too. What's your problem?
Aside from all this high brow art, what is the concensus on having one or two original, classic (40's to 60's) film posters hanging around the house? Non-horror or sci fi ofcourse.
Quote: Originally Posted by srivats Is this a trick question !? I come home and head into the shower first. Can't imagine not doing that - habit from my younger days. Unless I have some guests, it is usually sweatpants/round neck tee and my del toros. I never, ever head out of the house in that outift though ... Straight in the shower for me too. And with the wife if she is in an obliging mood......
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemoney The Canadians have been great allies, and they have the worlds best snipers. I wouldn't care to go up against them. # Canadian soldier Corporal Rob Furlong, formerly of the PPCLI (Operation Anaconda, Afghanistan) - holds the record for the longest-ever recorded and confirmed sniper kill at 2,430 m (2,657 yd) using a .50 caliber (12.7 mm) McMillan TAC-50 rifle.[18][52] # Canadian Master Corporal Arron...
Quote: Originally Posted by mainy to be fair, only when speaking ex cathedra on issues of the faith I think it would be rather shocking to see any real proof that he had anything to do with the people in question simply being shuffled about Ahh the myth of papal infallibility. An oldie but a goodie. Seriously they should let priests marry and have families just like in the older eastern churches.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto Ooooooooooo we should really be scared of all the Cubans, Puerto Ricans and Dominicans then. No but you should be scared of Mexicans.