or Connect

Posts by Simon Templar

Bought a Toblerone once from the local supermarket and to my horror it had little worms crawling in it. Apparently this is quite common with chocolate that contains nuts......
Quote: Originally Posted by RFX45 TRAILER IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
Quite a unique concept for a show, going around the world getting pissed on unique beverages - i like it. The Gibraltar episode in a good one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stavros Seriously now. Being from Greece and following the news on the recent economic crisis, I think Greece will be a much more desirable (=affordable) destination for vacation the next few years. Natural beauty and quality of service are given in Greece, but those came at a considerable cost in recent years. With recession, restaurants, hotels, bars, and the service industry in general, will have to become more...
Awesome spanish guitar instrumental called "Diem" by Rodrigo and Gabriela. They also did a great cover of Orion, a Metallica song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqLkhuopUYk Any more recs for fantastic spanish guitar please advise.
Quote: Originally Posted by politico Greece is my favorite country. I've seen fat old Greek men eat shirtless at nice restaurants in Athens. That it makes it the most laid back country on earth. Therefore it's the best country on earth. Greece rules. Smoking indoors was great too. Apparently that's changed now due to new laws.
Quote: Originally Posted by Philip1978 Born in Canada but my father is from Kefalonia. Emathes ellinika katholou?
Quote: Originally Posted by alliswell I'm Irish - ala h yinaika mou eivai apo thn Athinai. menoume sti Nea Iorke topa. pistevw pou o 'Balaskonis' eivai Elenas ke'alos, ke exei enos allos, ala then thoimamai to onoma tou. thoimamai tora - o 'skalogre' einai. Sto Phoenix einai. (forgive my Greek and my orthography - it's one thing to study the language, it's quite another to have to transliterate it into the Roman alphabet) Bravo sou,...
Stipula "amber" fountain pen with a fine nib. Writes so smoothly-no presuure needed. Got several old fashioned letters to write to people tonight.
Quote: Originally Posted by dhaller Real is certainly preferable to gas - in principle. But we have to realize that there was a time when one could actually get good, correctly-seasoned firewood and proper kindling, and that's MUCH less available now (and I, at least, have no interest in chopping my own.) The gas assist makes starting a fire actually *possible* for folks who use crappy "lolfirewood" from Publix. DH Real ones are great...