or Connect

Posts by Simon Templar

Quote: Originally Posted by WITCHKING Hell I was with a realtor looking at purchasing a house. The houses that were owned by Indians had yellow walls and were greasy in the kitchen and reeked of indian food. I figured that the whole kitchen for the most part would have to be gutted. I passed up most of these homes as I do not want a make work project. Wise move. It's impossible to get rid of the stench in a place tenanted by Indians. Rented a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Listi It definitely depends. I'm a respect driven person. Not in a traditional "respect authority" or "respect my decisions" type way, not at all. In a way more dealing with honesty and manipulation. I'm not easily offended, and fairly forgiving. However, I think that someone repeatedly lying, violating trust, or attempting to manipulate you is dehumanizing behaviour, you've become a tool, no longer a person. Behaviour like...
Quote: Originally Posted by squelchy451 Which of the actors that portrayed james bond was the best? George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. I excluded Sean Connery because he is the original and arguably the best Despite my avatar, Dalton because his take was closest to the Fleming literary character. Worst was Brosnan. I wish Moore played Bond more like he played the Saint.
From my experience, it's good to be courteous and polite to everyone (even people that do not always reply to good morning) but at the same time slightly reserved and low key. I also avoid office gossip and making statements about co-workers. I mainly speak to co-workers about work related issues. Non-essential chit chat is kept to a minimum. Never speak about my personal life/matters. Some people blab on about everything including their finances. There is a clique...
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del In your opinion what percentage of Australians would be holding the same view ? And do you feel the same way about all migrants to Australia or only Indians ? Hard to say. However polling suggests that large scale immigration has NEVER been endorsed by a majority of the population. I would say that many Liberal Party (main Conservative-centre-right party) voters hold the view that immigration numbers...
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del ^^ Do you have any personal experience with Indians ? Please give some example of how you have come to this conclusion. Facts are facts: On Indian racism - huge number of articles on this issue, here is a simplified one on regional/caste discrimination written by an Indian- http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0090707gb.html On corruption - Here is the Bribe Payers Index, out of 30 countries (1...
Quote: Originally Posted by IndianBoyz Says all.. Indian - most base, corrupt, racist, discriminatory culture in the world. Have a good look at your ugly culture first.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pantisocrat Good thing you don't speak for all Aussies. You make some very idiotic assumptions, the most blatant of which is that all of Europe make superior goods while in the continent of Asia only the Japanese. Let me guess, you speak another language, and it's a European one too eh? Try putting together a coherent argument before you post...while you're at it, go on buying your cheap rubbish and feeling good...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pezzaturra Do not buy Frette unless you can splurge for their top of the line linens. Their entry level "always on sale" products are horrible in quality. I bought them once at the outlet store and I could say that they were the lowest quality sheets I have ever seen. Just shame. Someone else that agrees "Made in India" goods are rubbish. Thanks for you honest review.
Quote: Originally Posted by oman arent you an australian? buying european things won't change that, sorry. i'd rather be a bantu in madagascar than an aussie. more dignified. cant blame you for trying to distance yourself from your heritage though. you are to be pitied, i think, rather than censured Getting a bit touchy there Oman. So are you saying there are no Australians that are European born or with European heritage? Or dual...