or Connect

Posts by GoldenTribe

It's one thing for Mr Porter to be all kinds of fucked behind the scenes (wishlist and shopping bag pages throw an error), but what could have gone so wrong that all the "Log In" / "My Account" / wishlist / etc links have disappeared from the homepage (and everywhere)? How does that even happen? Edit: scratch that, right now the homepage is the only page that loads site-wide. "We're sorry if you are having trouble accessing the site were busy trying to resolve this. At...
Wasn't the SS merino supposed to be in the current batch of auctions? It's not even my size, I was just really curious how much it would go for.
To refer back to Fuuma's unnecessarily uncharitable post, Nolan is one of the better filmmakers working in the mainstream today (I don't mind damning him with faint praise), and Prestige is undoubtedly one of his better films (alongside Memento, and, in my opinion, nothing else worth remarking upon outside of Ledger's performance in TDK). You can't legitimately equate his high water mark with the outright garbage of Transformers, G.I. Joe and Fast Five. That said,...
@hennree, @nahneun -- worth a shot:
Today I learned Brecht looks like Alber Elbaz. (But I'm afraid I don't know jack about frames.)
There are some much-needed conversations (at least in some quarters) that would be difficult without the term "cis-gendered"; but nearly every instance of a "trigger warning" (now found in every second pandering Huffington Post article) is a new apotheosis of witless Leftist narcissism, and I say this as a Canadian liberal.
Given the three full pages of live stream spam over in CM, SW&D ought to feel blessed or neglected, but which?
If you bought them because they're "on trend" then you probably aren't getting your money's worth. On the other hand, if you bought them because they fit well, look good on you (in the context of your own style*), and the price was right, then you probably made a good decision, because $300 is at the very low end of what you should expect to pay for leather boots these days. * Lots of individual pieces I personally dislike still look fine in the end as part of a whole...
Knits aren't supposed to fit like UnderArmour. It looks fine -- not really that big on you -- but don't size up, that's for sure.
@Synthese, three more recs for you: The Scarlet Empress (1934) The Last Emperor (1987) The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex (1939) - I just watched this tonight for the first time; Bette Davis and Errol Flynn (backed up by the likes of Olivia de Havilland, Vincent Price, and Alan Hale) do full justice to some of the best dialogue I know of, on the same level as Mamet's Glengarry Glen Ross and Faulkner's The Big Sleep. I don't know why it took me so long to get...