or Connect

Posts by Pantisocrat

No it's not contradictory because it depends on the product. If we're talking about Chinese made cashmere scarf, then I am at 3 since I know if it's hard to find similar article made in England and I am willing to pay the high price even though it's Chinese made just for convenience. If we're talking about dress shoes, I won't even consider anything made in China since there are just way too many options. Of course, I still want the best quality for the lowest price...
Well, it depends on the product, but I'd say that the level of duplicity in origin marketing is just as bad on the Western side. I've recently seen a resurgence of "made in Europe" --sketchy Romanian, Bulgarian, Russian minds at work here. So made in China is like a beacon of authenticity for me...I know it was made by Chinese people. Made in USA, depending on the product, means made by Chinese, Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, etc. I looked at the sauce labels in a Chinese...
What I like about this thread is that it reveals how fashion forward, oh excuse me, style conscious individuals tend to be highly unpatriotic. Let's be frank here, since we are talking more or less about "luxury" products made in China, how a product is made should have more than an emotional impact on the purchasing price. Concerning luxury products, regardless of manufacturing origin, there seem to be people in three camps: 1. Those who oppose expensive Chinese goods:...
I thought he was LK's other ego until he posted a face shot
Go to the Met musueum, and the African wing is pretty much empty. I don't see any Asian or white people, and a few black people scattered here and there in the exhibit. That is not to say African art is not appreciated but it's so difficult to verify authenticity, and therefore has zero resale value. The "craftsmanship" is so easy to replicate that you have street vendors selling such as wares outside most museums, esp. the MOMA. African art is collected for its...
"mental illness"...sure.
The manufacturers charge high prices for products made in China for the simple reason that over time expensive Chinese goods will be the norm for their customer base. As a customer, avoid Chinese made as much as you can. When you take a bite of the forbidden apple (finding a nice Chinese cashmere scarf or silk pocket square), you'll lose that bias. It's like dating a someone out of your race for the first time. Sheryl Crow sings in one of her songs, "the first cut is...
Is he "Russian" or exSoviet? All these people who boast "European" trained or "European" expertise in the states tend to be Russian one way or another. I have no problem with the verbiage but their version of quality is quite low.
You must not be a frequent user of public transportation then. High gas prices lead these "riff raffs" to use public transportation much more. I actually prefer low gas price but high bus/subway fares.
Somalia is under the watchful eye of the Arab elite. Too much money is made with anarchy and disarm the threat to this said elite. Iraq and Afghanistan all had functioning governments that were hostile to their interest. Not ironic, only Turkey and Iran seem fit to lead, and restore the balance of regional powers. The US does not invade countries indiscriminately. Lots of consultations backed by research and deepthroat analysis had to be done