or Connect

Posts by Pantisocrat

I get the feeling that there are a lot of Asian posters on this board but I don't know why so many don't post on a regular basis. I only know two: foo and LK...
The foods in China are not that great. Street foods in Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Indonesia are the best...I still don't understand how a little old lady vendor can make such a mean noodle soup in Hanoi or Chiang Mai....
I moved to France because of him....
I have some antique royal worcestor service wares of excellent quality but they have lead in them. I still eat with them every day though. Since I don't smoke, I may as well enjoy another health risk.
I like ripley
I've gotten SAB cases and some nice RL ones for less than $1200. Then, the nick guy on ebay got some nice vintage croc cases that go for not much higher....patience is nirvana.
What is his name, what doe he do, how old?
No it's not contradictory because it depends on the product. If we're talking about Chinese made cashmere scarf, then I am at 3 since I know if it's hard to find similar article made in England and I am willing to pay the high price even though it's Chinese made just for convenience. If we're talking about dress shoes, I won't even consider anything made in China since there are just way too many options. Of course, I still want the best quality for the lowest price...
Well, it depends on the product, but I'd say that the level of duplicity in origin marketing is just as bad on the Western side. I've recently seen a resurgence of "made in Europe" --sketchy Romanian, Bulgarian, Russian minds at work here. So made in China is like a beacon of authenticity for me...I know it was made by Chinese people. Made in USA, depending on the product, means made by Chinese, Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, etc. I looked at the sauce labels in a Chinese...
What I like about this thread is that it reveals how fashion forward, oh excuse me, style conscious individuals tend to be highly unpatriotic. Let's be frank here, since we are talking more or less about "luxury" products made in China, how a product is made should have more than an emotional impact on the purchasing price. Concerning luxury products, regardless of manufacturing origin, there seem to be people in three camps: 1. Those who oppose expensive Chinese goods:...