or Connect

Posts by PoliticalGuy

I'm looking for evening tails in 38, 39, or 40R. I'm a 32 waist and 32 inseam so something in the neighborhood for the trousers.
I'm looking for a quality new or near new shawl collar tuxedo in 38R or 40R depending on brand. I'm a slim guy and wear my suits slim.
I'm looking for a quality new or near new shawl collar tuxedo in 38R or 40R depending on brands. I'm a slim guy and wear my suits slim. I'll update this post with measurements as soon as I can.
I have a pair of AE Greysons size 10D in black. They're in pretty great shape. Looking for AE loafers in black size 9 or 9.5.
Over the past month or so had a few alright finds on shoes. BB penny loafers that were too big, formal slippers that were also too big, and a pair of tassel loafers that I thought were my size, but now that I have them home and tried them on it turns out they're marked with a UK size and are too big for me. Never heard of the brand before, WS Foster and Son. They're in good shape and seem to be pretty good quality. Really annoyed they don't fit. Yesterday found a Polo...
New in box Peal and Co. Brooks Brothers wingtip double monks in black size 10D. I really like them, but they're just a bit too big. SOLD CONUS or trade for similar quality double monks in black size 9D or 9.5D.
It was Oxxford day yesterday for me. Dropped by a new place and found 3 Oxxford suits next to each other on the rack. Funny thing is they were all different sizes. Luckily one fit me. I grabbed one of the others which is a 43R and left a DB in blue that seemed to be a 44 or so. There was also a great Norman Hilton in my size I that got me excited until I inspected further and found a couple of big tears. Anyone interested in the 43R suit? I'm happy to trade it.
Have a pair of AE Grayson loafers in burgundy. Size 12C, as measured on the sole 12.5" long and 4 3/8" wide at the widest point. They're in good condition. The exteriors rate an 8/10, well cared for, but with some creasing. A few small nicks, but not really noticeable. The interiors are great shape and you can barely tell that they've been worn. Soles are in good shape around a 7 or 8/10. I'm looking for loafers, preferably tassel, of similar quality in 9.5 or 10D.
I had been in a bit of a drought recently and came close a few times to picking up items I usually would pass on trying to break out, but reading this board reminded me that I should be patient. After getting released from jury duty early today I went to Goodwill to drop off a tv that's been taking up space and the good karma came my way immediately. Found a mint Hart, Schaffner & Marx navy blazer that fits like it was worn by my twin. I never thought this would happen,...
I picked up a brown Brooks Brothers suit today. It says made in Italy and is 90% wool and 10% cashmere. The label is just the standard blue "Brook Brothers Established 1818." 2 button, high gorge, really looks and feels great and I usually stay away from brown. Unfortunately, it's too big for me at a 43R, but I think my brother, who could really use help in this department, might be able to use it. Any clue on what line it is and who made it?