or Connect

Posts by WBaker

@OccultaVexillum Havent seen the textured coat in person, but they're certainly different. The sweats/hoodie are 48% wool/47% cotton/5% nylon. The textured coat is 82% wool, 10% nylon, 8% alpaca. Yeah I saw the purple sweats, id describe them as very purple. Nothing subtle about the color.
[[SPOILER]] I know with my very old Geller stuff 2008-10(?) sometimes the garments would come with a large extra piece of fabric for patches. I wish this was still a regular thing. I tend to think patches, matching or otherwise, give the clothes a more personal feel.Went to NYC Barney's to check out the Geller rack. Everyones right about the Massimo it fits very large, surprised to see they carried a size 44 and even that was a bit too big for me.The wool-blend bouclé...
Love the red flight pants, what is the material on those?
Throw back, but man I just love the felted detailing on the FW 2008 pieces. Reminds me of that Cloak level detail intensity. I hadn't ever seen this jacket up close and even though im normally not into the levi type 3 style jacket, this thing has me swooning. [[SPOILER]] I have this FW08 jacket (Ill try and take a better pic as the runway shot hides a lot of it), and the felted epaulets Robert did are just perfect. Cant wait for colder days. [[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]] It is the shawl collar sweater on the bottom row. The wool is also basically 'hard', its got a crunch to it thats not terribly pleasant. The sleeves are like bell bottom pants. Hourglass waist suppression. Thought it would be fun in a 'Cozy' way, and no it is not. [[SPOILER]]
Came across a Margiela 92-93 "Dolls Wardrobe" mens chunky knit. They made them with the same measurements as the original dolls clothes just increased by x% in every proportion. Love the history behind it, but inherently its somewhat non anatomical. I might get it framed or displayed in some way...
[[SPOILER]] They only had a 48 and im usually a 44 in jackets so sorta tough to tell. If I were ordering id go true to size for a slightly relaxed fit.
Got to see some of the FW16 stuff in person over the weekend, they only had a couple things, most notable piece being the Giorgio Coat. I was surprised to see it was kind of banged up. 2 really really loose buttons (you could see the thread had be damaged or unwound), and some really badly pulled threads on the inside lining. Not sure if this is a construction thing or maybe someone damaged it trying to put it on... Sean Blazer and the wool bend pants (not sure what name)...
It has the same buttons as my levi's collab oxford shirt. So yeah that would be my guess.
Shawl shirt is beautiful. Might be picking this up. The boucle moc neck feels straight out of FW 08 in the best of ways. If anyone knows where I might be able to go see one in NY drop a line.