or Connect

Posts by wsblend

So I went suit-shopping at Macy's, JAB, and BB and couldn't find my size, 38L, as it is barely available at JAB and not available at Macy's or BB. I didn't want to get a 40L and have it altered. I did, however, find lots of 38L's find at the Men's Wearhouse. Yes, I know, MW gets little love here. The solid navy suit jacket that I found at MW fit me right off the rack. I felt and the salesman agreed that it wouldn't even need to be altered. Perfect, I thought. The...
Thanks, all, for the replies. I read every post- good food for thought. I'm looking at the BB and JAB suits as well to see if I can find something without a pattern. The 38L is elusive, though. 40L's are more universally available but should I stay away from a 40L if the 38L is my genuine size? I also understand that I probably won't wear my suit everyday but I still want one on hand if only so that I don't have to scramble to get one and have it tailored if an occasion...
Quote: Originally Posted by shasta Macy's Alfani Red Separates can be kopped for sup $200 - and at least they are slim fit I actually am a slim fit- in the upper body. In the lower body, I'm a "classic fit". It's especially fun being me because most suits seem to be slim or classic-fitted in both the top and bottom. Might have to combine some suit separates and hope the colors match
I will be sending out resumes for a paralegal position at small local law offices in San Jose, CA and I want to have a suit on hand for if I get an interview appointment. Being frugal, I look at the less-expensive options first and saw this: JC Penney Glen Plaid suit (scroll up on that page). While I'm sure that a trained eye could discern that this is not an expensive suit, what I'm more concerned about is the pattern- is glen plaid considered "loud" or...