or Connect

Posts by wsblend

Quote: Originally Posted by arkra I've seen a lot of discussion about douchebags on this forum. But the impression I get is that a douchebag is anyone who picks trendy, garish clothes. Main emphasis being on the garish. Basically, it's a continuation of the same old played-out English false-modesty. I sense that the main thought underlying most criticisms of douchebags is that it's obvious that they are trying to look stylish, thus they are...
Just FYI. They reduced their MT selection last year but it seems to be less sparse this year than last. I may order some MT t-shirts from them, though they look to be pretty boxy. Take a look: v-neck t-shirts I'm hoping that my perception of the photo is wrong and that these t's will fit more like the EB MT t's I got 2-3 years ago which weren't "skinny" fitting but weren't too baggy at all. Has anyone tried them?
^ Yes, mostly for the sleeves. I have 35" arms and have tried on many suit jackets which weren't long enough in the sleeve so I stopped looking at anything 38R.. I'll look into sleeve lengthening, though. I could stop by the BB store in my area and see what they have to say.
Ugh. JAB is pretty much the only business who sells a 38L that both fits me well and is at a price I can afford. I've tried on a few suits at MW as well as JC Penney's and the fits were just unacceptable, at any price, so until I can go MTM or bespoke (never) I'm stuck with JAB. I ordered a 38L from JAB that arrived on my doorstep in a box only 2" in height. That's too shallow, and the suit was absolutely compressed into place which left it so badly creased that the...
Sartorialism really is a subculture and people from different subcultures or just mindless mainstream culture, in their petty bigotry, dislike what they don't identify with. It's like anything in that people will like you if they identify with you, e.g. "you like (enter subcultural affinity here)? Me too!" but if they don't, the reaction is the opposite, esp when dealing with a low class person who his hostile to anything that connotes taste, education or middle/upper...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy There isn't much in Indianapolis, but you are a short drive from Chicago, though Chicago sort of sucks for shopping too, compared to NYC and LA. I google mapped it, it's only 12 hours from Indy to NYC. All OP needs is a passenger to help pass the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by boxdiver If you do have a blazer with gold buttons, will it not look right with jeans dressed down? IMO, yes, contrasting buttons will look funny when the blazer is worn with jeans because the contrasting buttons, gold/silver/MOP/horn, have long been seen on blazers worn in a more "formal" manner, i.e. often with a tie and almost always with slacks or at least khakis. Regardless of the blazer's historical...
so few pics .
Quote: Originally Posted by epa I guess that I was just a bit pissed off about you telling me that I smelt bad... Everybody smells bad to someone else. That's just life. I had thought that everyone wore deodorant, by default. I guess not. As for some people not wearing undershirts under white dress shirts.. no, it's not OK. You're grown-ups, you know better.
I'll go to the laundromat, auto parts store or similar places poorly dressed as if I am actually presentable, I stand out when I don't want to. That's about the only time I'll be in a t-shirt and cargo pants. The rest of the time I try to cover my neck with either a polo shirt, sport shirt or dress shirt. I usually wear (jeans) jeans because, unlike (beige) khakis which instantly look wrinkled and can show stains, jeans look barely wrinkled and hide any staining...