or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by wsblend

Quote: Originally Posted by Twotone I'd say it's about the same quality as JoS Bank. Not sure about the "Capital Collection" in your link. Whoa. This is significant as JAB's "Tailored Fit" suits, which are their entry level suits, sometimes go on sale for about $225. I was assuming that HSM was a bit higher quality.
This suit. I'm guessing it's fused. The only reason I'm asking is because it's available in my size which I usually don't find anywhere but Macy's or the Men's Wearhouse The other Hart Shaffner Marx threads were no real help.
"Fairly boring" will be exactly what you will want if you are majoring in or later find yourself working in a law/business/accounting/etc. office. Boring is key. If you really want fashion, I recommend looking at some Hugo Boss product since you'll be in Germany. It's priced exorbitantly so try not to pay retail for it; this should be the right time of year to find discounted winter clothing. As for sweater criteria, I would say: Merino Wool will be more durable than...
I've ordered and tried out enough LE clothes to know that their stuff fits too damned big. Are Wisconsinites just really big people or are these clothes made to fit over long underwear? Even with great values and timeless style, I'm finding that these clothes just aren't worth it at any discount. Except for the Turkish Terry bath robe I just got from LE. It rocks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankiz Live in Norway, so need to import. What other sites sells good peacoats then? Not from US. Sorry, I don't know of any other European brands or distributors so I'll defer to someone else on that. If the Tyrwhitt coat is the most conveniently and quickly accessible coat to you, then it might be the most practical option. Since you say you live in Norway and I assume it's colder there than most of Europe,...
The Tyrwhitt peacoat looks very military, moreso than most any peacoat I've seen sold by US brands in that it has brass buttons and even epaulets. Nothing wrong with that but that should be exactly what you want. Otherwise, you can get a more civilian-ized version with buttons that match the wool and not epaulets. Last, the Tyrwhitt coat, at 169 GBP which is about $265 USD, isn't overly expensive in that it has a wool/cashmere shell but unless that's exactly what you...
Quote: Originally Posted by jsallen10 Where do they have "slim fit" peacoats? I only saw tall as an option. Btw, I just received the coat I bought online and the body is rather large. I don't think this is any different from the one I tried on in store... I think I was mistaken about the JCrew Peacoat being offered in a 'slim' version- rather, it was the JCrew University coat that was offered in 'slim' which itself is sold out in the median...
Quote: Originally Posted by jsallen10 Are the J.Crew peacoats ordered online really a different fit from the one in stores? They sell the regular-length, regular-fit versions in store so if you order a tall or a slim fit, then yeah. Quote: Originally Posted by unmodern Not to bash your purchase---if you're happy with it, great---but Reasons 2 and 3 are B.S. because Sterlingwear is cheaper than J. Crew by a good margin....
I just chose the J Crew Peacoat- Tall with Thinsulate lining- over the Sterlingwear Navigator or Mariner. I paid $205 with the 30% discount, whereas it was regular-priced at $295. Not a killer deal, but I don't foresee them offering a better discount until after the season. So why the J Crew over the Sterlingwear??? I could try on the medium-regular in a local brick & mortar, then order the medium-Tall. Free shipping No return shipping charge- returnable to any nearby...
Right now, J Crew has a 30% coupon which would bring the J Crew Thinsulate Peacoat or University Coat within $200 incl shipping. Can the University Coat be waist-suppressed if it has a Thinsulate lining? How much "better" is the Sterlingwear Mariner or Navigator Peacoats than the JCrew Thinsulate models? Which would be warmer?
New Posts  All Forums: