or Connect

Posts by wsblend

Quote: Originally Posted by faisal.100 Hi, I have a california theme party tomorrow. You and everyone else at the party should be beaten with lead pipes. WTF has a "CA theme party" anyway? How many brain cells do you have to kill to conceive such a thing? Oh, wait, I just had a Wisconsin theme party last week. Never mind.
Thanks for the replies so far but a few more would be good. I bought this coat for running errands, attending community college classes, going to the library, etc. in a California suburb, where I live. I'm starting to think I bought the wrong coat for such purposes and if I did, that I should return it soon so someone can use it for what it was made for.
The reason I ask is because the replica of the Barbour Beaufort I just received from Lands' End smells oily. Will the oil soak or transfer into any absorbent upholstery or furniture that I sit on? Has anyone had any experience with using this type of coat in this manner? (No, my search didn't generate any answers to this question.)
Quote: Originally Posted by xudisco07 I think now they put stickers or scan the bar code in and no longer require the receipt or card for a refund. That's exactly what I experienced the other day. I returned a topcoat and all they had to do was scan the barcode which seemed to have given the salesperson the transaction number and thus, the credit account with which I paid and was to be credited. I rather didn't like it because I took...
Quote: Originally Posted by Icehawk Just guessing here, since you didn't say - are you a 36? I've been seeing way more stock at the outlets (NMLC, Saks Off 5th, etc) recently and there are actually quite a good number for sale on B&S right now. If I'm way off base, sorry! I just know for smaller/thinner guys it can be hard. Plenty of large sized stuff at the outlets and B&S... I'm a 38L, which is the primary reason why I'm interested in...
TTT. I appreciate the helpful replies I've gotten but more would be good as I'm considering spending a healthy sum.
Quote: Originally Posted by pdipaolo Does anyone have any suggestions? I suggest you use your brain and actually understand what you want. As said, if you want to pay less, a thrift store will be the way to go. If you want new and want an exact size, then this is it. You can call it "incredibly expensive" if you want to.
Quote: Originally Posted by landshark That's strange. So you are saying if they had more reasonable policies, they would have more reasonable prices? That's not what he said, so that's not what he's "saying". What's with this mindless use of the word "reasonable", anyway? That word is for people who buy their clothes at Walmart, watch their clothes soon fade/shrink/stretch, and then go buy replacement clothes at a "reasonable"...
^ What Nicola said. You need something that will allow the lapels to be folded inside-out so they can completely cover the top of your chest, with one lapel having a button on its inside and the other having a button hole, so you can button them shut. See how this peacoat has its lapel folded over the top of the chest? You want that, but single-breasted. Or at least, I want that, and you'll want that too when it's cold and your body is losing its heat because your...
Quote: Originally Posted by mind I had a period while I was looking for a full-zip swater, but now I prefers more classic garments Actually, I secretely felt in love with a cardigan by H.Boss found in an airport. The problem was that there exist no size for me (the small is not so small after all) I guess now my options include a navy blue v-neck wool sweater, another cardigan (I already have one in gray cotton), and a diamond patterned black...