or Connect

Posts by raphaelargus

Selling a pair of lightly used Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in color Cordovan No 8. Note that these boots are not made from shell cordovan leather, they are made from horween chromexcel. Note that the toe of the left boot is slightly darker than the one of the right boot. In real life, it is not as noticeable -- I never knew until I looked at these pictures. Shipping to US and Paypal verified address only. Accepting best offers.
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
I know officially cordovan is not supposed to be included in these sales, but it's always worked for me (online). Most recently, I snagged a pair at the 30% sale prior to this past one.
I had a package once that was marked as delivered that I never received. I called the local office and they spoke with the carrier. Turns out he still had the package, and ended up delivering it the next day.
I agree that Loake calf sometimes does not age well. I've owned 5 pairs of 1880s over the last few years and it's a bit of a crapshoot whether the leather will age well or not. I'd definitely put Loake a step lower than AE. I think BB is doing some disservice to their customers if they're selling Loakes as Peals.
I think this is a good theory.
I own an 8.5 E UK Westfield (341) and a 9.0 D US Marlow. The Marlow is slightly tighter than the Westfield, which leads me to believe the Marlow I have would be listed as an 8.5 D or 8.0 E in UK size.