Posts by garymyman

For sale is a like-new Brunello Cucinelli knit shirt. The color was advertised by Cucinelli as white, but I would call it more of a "natural" - or just less than brilliant white. The cotton knit is extremely soft; it feels and wears almost like a silk shirt - if it doesn't sell I'll use the fabric for a pillow. Very casual. Buttons are thick MOP. Double buttons on cuff. Gray lining on inside of collar and inside sleeve placket. The shirt is a size Large, which in...
This is my weekly post reminding you all to follow them on Twitter at @kamakurashirts - Only 59 followers but they still update it regularly when new shirts arrive. That's dedication!
That's my thesis. This particular tie-tuck was egregious because his gut emphasized it.
Sorry it's not the usual "This is my first suit how does it look?" thread that inundates this now-impossible-to-enjoy site.I've never heard of that but it does sound stupid. I would offer that tucking the back blade into the shirt rather than the pants would be preferable and less noticeable. Or tying a different knot.I've seen the bigger version - it's definitely their "H" pattern, but after noticing his briefcase, I wouldn't put it past him to wear a knockoff.
Dina Lohan's lawyer might need to switch brands.
That's my size too. With your jacket size I think the NY Classic fit is your best bet, and just have your tailor shorten the sleeves. I wear a 40R jacket and the Tokyo Classic fit is quite trim. I would say it's a bit slimmer than Brooks Brothers ESF. I have a NY Classic too and it's much more full cut - very similar to BB Slim Fit.Also, the only shrinking came from me drying some. And was pretty insignificant.
I think the convoluted measurements help keep them more exclusive. BTW: y'all need to follow them on Twitter. I feel bad they only have 49 followers.
I wear a Large in GV and I order the Tokyo Classic fit in 16.5/33, because I have short arms. The fit in the chest is very similar: quite trim. I prefer the feel of the Kamakura oxford cloth to the GV.
I don't think the 36 looks particularly small in the shoulders. I also don't think you should slim the arms. Based on the pictures it's hard to give much specific critique.
I pulled the trigger. It was the last one Polo had in stock (at 70% off, naturally). This will be my 5th good suit, 6th if you count the tuxedo. And my refrigerator is covered in Save The Date's so it should see some good use.