or Connect

Posts by garymyman

I'm getting married in New Orleans this summer and would like to be in an ivory dinner jacket along with my groomsmen. I'm having a hellova time finding one. So far the best I've found is this Polo one at Saks, but at $1350 it's too expensive - especially to ask of my friends. The only other one I've found is at Brooks Brothers for a slightly cheaper $898...
This has probably been covered but I can't recall: Does anyone in the US have experience calling the store and ordering from their stocks rather than online? They're out of my size online and I want to do a phone order, but not sure that's possible. Thanks!
Is this the spread collar or semi-spread? While we're at it just tell me exactly what shirt this is, if you wouldn't mind. I'm waffling on about 3 of their white dress shirts.
No. I've never been hit with any.
For sale is a like-new Brunello Cucinelli knit shirt. The color was advertised by Cucinelli as white, but I would call it more of a "natural" - or just less than brilliant white. The cotton knit is extremely soft; it feels and wears almost like a silk shirt - if it doesn't sell I'll use the fabric for a pillow. Very casual. Buttons are thick MOP. Double buttons on cuff. Gray lining on inside of collar and inside sleeve placket. The shirt is a size Large, which in...
This is my weekly post reminding you all to follow them on Twitter at @kamakurashirts - Only 59 followers but they still update it regularly when new shirts arrive. That's dedication!
That's my thesis. This particular tie-tuck was egregious because his gut emphasized it.
Sorry it's not the usual "This is my first suit how does it look?" thread that inundates this now-impossible-to-enjoy site.I've never heard of that but it does sound stupid. I would offer that tucking the back blade into the shirt rather than the pants would be preferable and less noticeable. Or tying a different knot.I've seen the bigger version - it's definitely their "H" pattern, but after noticing his briefcase, I wouldn't put it past him to wear a knockoff.
Dina Lohan's lawyer might need to switch brands.
That's my size too. With your jacket size I think the NY Classic fit is your best bet, and just have your tailor shorten the sleeves. I wear a 40R jacket and the Tokyo Classic fit is quite trim. I would say it's a bit slimmer than Brooks Brothers ESF. I have a NY Classic too and it's much more full cut - very similar to BB Slim Fit.Also, the only shrinking came from me drying some. And was pretty insignificant.